brushy hill ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brushy hill ranch

Anyone ever hunt this bow only ranch? Would like info if you have Thanks.

Some big ultra pressured deer. Have a friend that hunts it every year. He has had some big buck encounters but the deer a heavily pressured...

Comment

I hunted it two years ago and saw some quality bucks. We went after christmas and they were rutting. My cousin shot and missed one with a droptine. We also saw one that was pushing 140in which is good for a day lease. Tons of does...i believe he is letting you shoot them now, we couldnt back then. But all deer are educated so be prepared to hide very well and hunt very smart.

Comment

I'm going in october for first time. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bwhunter View Post
          I'm going in october for first time. good luck
          looks like it be a 2 day hog hunt in step. and 2 day deer hunt in dec.

Comment

Originally posted by rockco222 View Post
            looks like it be a 2 day hog hunt in step. and 2 day deer hunt in dec.
            It will be 4 day hunt dec 6-10

Comment

Great day lease. You will see some good deer, but as others have said you better be smart because Pete's bruisers are.

Comment

Every year I tell myself I am going to hunt Brushy Hill and something always comes up. I can not wait to hunt it though.

Comment

keep us updated

Comment

Ranch just won't be the same without Rusty. Bring your A game to this place.

Comment

i am thinking about going there myself i got alot of hunts planned so i hope i get time to go there

Comment

went last year. day one i saw one nice 8 but didn't shoot it. he was just outside his ears. day two saw the same 8 and another shooter 8 but stayed out of range on the third day one little spike and a 6 pt. on the fourth day i saw a MASSIVE 10 pnt. but on the land next to where i was hunting a truck drove around the fence and spooked the buck before he got into bow range.

Comment

I am going there in October for a three day hunt and was wondering the same thing as you. I have heard good things but everyone says you need to brush up your blind really well or get up off the ground if you are around the river. We are thinking of booking a hog hunt in September to check it out before we get there to deer hunt to just see what the area is like.

Comment

Hunted it last April for turkey. They have several pastures with their own bunk house. Comfortable facilities. They have a pretty good website. The various pastures are good for different game. Hog heaven is where we hunted. Liked it enough to book another hunt next year.

Comment

Guys let me say this. I ran hunts in 1995 in the Hog Heaven area ( that was my camp) and in Medina County pasture. That was the first year it was bowhunted. Pete took over after our first year.

That means for the last 14 seasons, those deer have been exclusively bowhunted, meaning they have seen every camo pattern, heard every grunt, bleat or any other call, smelled all lure and cover up scents and basically they have PHds in avoiding bowhunters.

My boy worked for Pete for a couple of months late Spring for his practicum in Wildlife Management. Like every where else around here, the ranch is hurting for water, but the deer are there, educated as hell, but quite doable if you stay on your toes.

Comment

Working...
                              X