• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some limbs

I have a custom bighorn recurve and realize they're not around any more
    But does anyone know how I could get another set of limbs for this bow
    Or is it even possible

I have two original Big Horns from Fred Asbell and a longbow that his bowyer made when he owned the business for a short while. I really like the bows.

I am pretty sure no one is currently making the bows. The business was sold a few times and no one has managed to get it back up to speed.

I have bought and sold limbs to and from a guy named Steve Kitchens at stevesuzi@att.net>

He was very into buying, selling and trading Big Horns. I have not spoken to him in several years but he would be my first person to speak to.

Please let me know if Steve was able to help. Also when you speak to him please ask if he knows if anyone is currently producing the bows and let me know.

Hope this was of some use.

Take care.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike

Comment

You might look at Rocky Mountain Speciality Gear

Comment

I'd search on Leatherwall couple of weeks ago there was a Topic on Bighorns maybe you could pm someone for some extra's. Great bows I always like the limb design

Comment

Not my fastest bows but the quietest and most forgiving.

I tend to switch which bow I am shooting a bit. Not the best idea but they all shoot very close to each other at hunting distances.

The only complaint I have with the Big Horns is that they are my only bows that I have to shoot Dacron strings. There is limb vibration after the shot that I do not feel with my other bows. If I only shoot the Big Horns for a while I quit noticing it as much.

I ordered a set of limbs when one his bowyers took over the business that I could shoot fast flight with. I sold them because I did not pick up much speed and the bow was quite a bit louder to me. I don't know if it was the fast flight or if the limbs were not exactly the same in some way.

I have been told that I can pad the strings etc. and shoot fast flight with the current limbs but since replacement if something were to happen would probably be very hard I have been reluctant to do so.
            Last edited by M.E.B.; 12-29-2015, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X