Hitch-Mounted Hammock Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitch-Mounted Hammock Stand

This morning I ran across something I had not seen before and I found incredibly cool....a hitch-mounted hammock stand.

The stand is manufactured and sold by McLean Metalworks (www.mcleanmetalworksmfg.com), and I sure hope these boys have a patent on the design. It appears the hitch-mounted stand has telescoping and folding arms so it can be tucked away when you're driving.

They aren't cheap...base stand is $400...the hammock is extra.

I've already pictured myself laying back in the hammock on the edge of a sunflower field shooting white-wing...cold beer near by, of course.

And I'm pretty doggone sure there's a few of my green-screen brethren that can duplicate this rig...if you do, please post some pics on this thread.
    Attached Files

That is cool, definitely wouldn't drop 4 benjamins on it though...

Comment

Want one yesterday

Comment

That is cool and I would like to have one, but $400? Probably much better quality if you used it A LOT. I have one of these. It works well, but I don't think it will handle months of continual use due to quality. I have had it about a year using it 30-40 times and still holding up. I leave it on the pond dock.

Shop Walmart.com today for Every Day Low Prices. Join Walmart+ for unlimited free delivery from your store & free shipping with no order minimum. Start your free 30-day trial now!

Comment

I wish there was video of the guy in the bottom picture attempting to get out of the hammock without ending up at the bottom of that hill.

Comment

That is pretty awesome I just hang mine up at the Pole Barn lol

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
              I wish there was video of the guy in the bottom picture attempting to get out of the hammock without ending up at the bottom of that hill.
              LMAO...that's good.

Comment

Cool, sign me up for the redneck version appropriately priced. Would be real nice to take a break in!

Comment

The chairs are only $290.

And if you had the right companion, maybe they could double as, well. Nevermind.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Accommodates up to 114" hammock. Pretty useless to me.

Comment

They don't give a good picture to see how it is made so as to get an idea on how to make something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                        They don't give a good picture to see how it is made so as to get an idea on how to make something similar.
                        You might have to be on a PC, but if you select the item and move the cursor over the photo, it automatically zooms in. That was the only way I could see the telescoping arms and hinges at the base.

Comment

Oh, I could really use one of these if my Hennessey would work on it!! Yall need to buy some of my knives so I can buy one of these!!![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty simple design. Could be homemade without much trouble.

Comment

Working...
                            X