who all has beehives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who all has beehives?

Pick these up last night from a swarm trap on rattlers place in Ganadohttps://vimeo.com/162716380
    Last edited by Strummer; 04-13-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I have a wild hive in a barn if anyone wants them. Been there for at least 2 years. I'm I'm Cleburne

Comment

Been a hobby beekeeper for while now. Had as many as a dozen hives. You can catch your swarms or buy a 3 pound swarm thru the mail. Check out the Weaver websites here in Texas. Catching swarms can be a good start,but not all swarms will stay put in yur hives. Plus, you have to be wary of an Africanized colony. Get my hive equipment from Dadant or Brushy mountain in N.C. Plenty of literature online and books on beekeeping. Also, plenty of long time beekeepers that will help through local honeybee associations. Supply my family with honey and sell any extra. Honey makes great gifts, too. Just down to two hives now but plan in the future to get back into it more.

Comment

I’ve got a hive in and oak tree in Stephens County someone can have. Bees are down a hole in the trunk. How do you know if they are regular bees or Killer Bees? They freak me out. I HATE anything that fly's and stings. Prolly more than shakes. I'm also allergic so theirs that.

Comment

These will be my next hives...

Flow is a revolutionary beehive invention, allowing you to harvest honey without opening the hive and with minimal disturbance to the bees.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post

http://www.honeyflow.com
              That's what I want, but the price...ouch

Comment

My dil wants me to get one or a couple, price is preventative, plus after looking one over in the box at the local beekeepers meeting I'm not so sure it and my patience level are a good match, looked like it could get complicated.

Comment

Has anyone had luck trapping beside a house? I watched some of the swarm commander videos and seen a guy that got bees out a building with his trap on the back of it. Ive had a lady ask me to get them out of her house but I dont wanna have to cut the wall.

Comment

Anyone on here in Bryan-College Station area who would set up and service bee hives for a fee?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post

http://www.honeyflow.com
                      I've been following Flow Hives since their Indiegogo crowd sourcing fundraiser launched. I have two major problems with their product (other than the price). First, when demand skyrocketed during their campaign they immediately changed their initial production strategy and outsourced their production to China. I've been to China and seen their "quality" standards and frankly would prefer my honey not to touch their plastic. Second, I haven't seen a clear answer as to whether or not the plastic used in their frames and hive bodies is UV stable...after one or two hot Texas summers are the hives going to disintegrate? Their components are too expensive to be replacing every couple of years. Just my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                        Wild swarm in a log on the ground. I would think it would be about as easy of a wild colony as possible to get. If I had the equipment I'd do it. I've even considered just robbing some honey. All I want is one small jar of honey out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                        I've got a big active hive in an old tree stump on the edge of the woods behind my house. It has been there for about 4 years and I would LOVE to get some honey from the hive, just don't know how! They aren't aggressive. I've stuck my head in their business before and they just buzz around me.

I'm not sure. I haven't tried to get that close. I have one though if you dont. Hopefully it will start.
                        So how did this end up?

Comment

I just went out and got a couple of pics. I stuck my head right near the hole and the bees would just fly around me...tons of bees in the hole and i can smell the sweetness of honey. The hole used to be a lot bigger. It's going to be hard to cut out a good chunk of honey comb with not much room to work with.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                            anyone on here in bryan-college station area who would set up and service bee hives for a fee?

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              I've got a big active hive in an old tree stump on the edge of the woods behind my house. It has been there for about 4 years and I would LOVE to get some honey from the hive, just don't know how! They aren't aggressive. I've stuck my head in their business before and they just buzz around me.

So how did this end up?
                              We left them there. They aren't bothering anyone and he thought it was going to ruin the hive and possibly the honey if he tried to get to it. Also said may end up killing most of the bees. Looks like yours may be the same case due to the hole being small and no real way to get to it without a chainsaw.

Comment

We left them there. They aren't bothering anyone and he thought it was going to ruin the hive and possibly the honey if he tried to get to it. Also said may end up killing most of the bees. Looks like yours may be the same case due to the hole being small and no real way to get to it without a chainsaw.
                                Yep, I just don't see a way to get to that honey without screwing things up for them. I am going to give it a try....dig out the front where all that dirt is piled up. If I see that won't work then I will back off of it but man, I'm betting this hive is loaded with honey. It has been in this stimp for a long time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X