Best truck battery for the $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best truck battery for the $$$

Besides the $250 Optima’s, what is a good brand battery that is a little more reasonably priced. Truck is a 11’ F150.

Sears die-hard platinum. I've read its a rebranded odyssey, which are better than optima. Opitma was acquired by Johnson controls a few years ago and reviews are not as good for them as they were before. Well that's what I read anyhoo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, are they only available at sears? Thought sears was going out of business.

Comment

Optimas are junk. I've had so many in my boat over the years 3 blue tops at a time. They all wind up having a short between the cells and will not recharge. Then your stuck like chuck. Went back to regular marine batteries w high cca. Later Optima it was fun but not real fun

Comment

Buy a motorcraft battery from oreilley
          They have the best warranty and free replacement
          Check them out
          I have same battery for 6 yrs no problems

Comment

Interstate. Sold multiple places and theyre great batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              Interstate. Sold multiple places and theyre great batteries.

X2. Interstate. Great warranty. Check firestone online coupons. They are almost always on sale.

Comment

Buy a cheap one and change it every two years .

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                  Optimas are junk. I've had so many in my boat over the years 3 blue tops at a time. They all wind up having a short between the cells and will not recharge. Then your stuck like chuck. Went back to regular marine batteries w high cca. Later Optima it was fun but not real fun
                  Weird, I never had an issue with them. I got 9 years out of my trolling motor batteries before they started getting weak. I replaced them with Cabelas AGM batteries because they were on sale.

Comment

Costco 3 years replacement is not prorated til after 3 years, if it goes bad before 3 years they just give you another no testing no charging no questions. Deep cycle batteries are 1 year then pro-rated.

Comment

Motorcraft. Reasonable price great warranty. The red top ones. The ones that come new from factory are a lower quality battery than the replacement

Comment

Interstate Megatons

Comment

Just replaced the battery in my -13 Taco yesterday---original one too. Replaced it with an Interstate. Why? That's what my local full service gas station carries and I like Randy and his service.

Comment

The motorcraft that came in my ‘13 f150 started getting weak a couple months ago, so I replaced it with another. In my opinion, that’s decent life for a battery.

Comment

May not be the best battery, but I have had decent luck with Walmart Everstart batteries. Tha main reason I get them ther is that almost every small town has a Walmart, and if a battery crapsout on me while out of town or at the lease, I can get it swapped out without a hastle. I would say their batteries typically last from 3 to 5 years, which I have heard is abiut the norm fôr our region due to the heat.

Comment

Working...
                              X