Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2018, 08:11 PM   #51
Bazo
Ten Point
 
Bazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Where I can
Default Trump to announce his USSC nominee

.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #52
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Wow, and I mean just wow. Google Kavanaugh and already they have crap lined up saying how bad of a person he is. First google line said he ruled against a young undocumented womans right to an abortion.

Liberals belong in Hades.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #53
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Strong Pick!!!!!
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #54
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Wow, and I mean just wow. Google Kavanaugh and already they have crap lined up saying how bad of a person he is. First google line said he ruled against a young undocumented womans right to an abortion.

Liberals belong in Hades.
Now you wouldn't expect anything less from that band of idiots would you???
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #55
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Wife is from West Texas.

Maybe Barrett is next up if there is another vacancy.
17ncs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #56
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

I remember how the never Trump'ers said Trump was really a closet liberal and not to vote for him. Two conservative nominations appointed by Trump, awesomeness. "A judge must interpermt the law, not make the law.

I think Sotomayor will be the next one to be replaced. She was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was 11 and is now already past her life expectancy.
Thumper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM   #57
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Great pick!!
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 08:41 PM   #58
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
Wife is from West Texas.



Maybe Barrett is next up if there is another vacancy.


And a Longhorn.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #59
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
And a Longhorn.
Nobody’s perfect
17ncs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #60
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Solid choice! I have followed his career on the DC court of appeals and read a few of his opinions. He is a no nonsense originalist. He will get dogpiled and about abortion because he is catholic. The only abortion ruling he commented on that I know of was in a dissenting opinion where he argued that the majority had created - out of thin air - a right for an illegal immigrant to get a government funded abortion
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 09:18 PM   #61
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
Solid choice! I have followed his career on the DC court of appeals and read a few of his opinions. He is a no nonsense originalist. He will get dogpiled and about abortion because he is catholic. The only abortion ruling he commented on that I know of was in a dissenting opinion where he argued that the majority had created - out of thin air - a right for an illegal immigrant to get a government funded abortion


His wife is from Abilene. She's well-respected by some friends of mine that know her (I don't know her).
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #62
thegrouse
Ten Point
 
thegrouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Wilson and San Saba County
Default

What did he do on the Obamacare case? I heard rumblings earlier in the day about that.
thegrouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #63
Roy Munson
Six Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Wow, and I mean just wow. Google Kavanaugh and already they have crap lined up saying how bad of a person he is. First google line said he ruled against a young undocumented womans right to an abortion.

Liberals belong in Hades.
I went though 3 pages of google search results and never found anything stating he is a bad person or Judge. Maybe google tailors the results you get based on your search history.

As far as his ruling regarding an illegal's right to an immediate abortion, that is his most recent important opinion. That should be fair game. However, he didn't opine against her because she was illegal or because she wanted and abortion, his opinion was that the government didn't have a duty to facilitate an abortion on behalf of an individual in custody. Thats a fair point. He wrote that if an abortion were desired, the Trump administration could not be compelled to facilitate it and that it would be more appropriate that should be released to a guardian that would take her to have the abortion.

Ultimately, the majority of the court did not agree with him but his opinion wasn't controversial in anyway.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 09:49 PM   #64
Roy Munson
Six Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrouse View Post
What did he do on the Obamacare case? I heard rumblings earlier in the day about that.
There are some people who think that his opinion formed the basis for Roberts opinion upholding the constitutionality of the ACA.

Its bull****. If you are a conservative you are happy with this pick.

If you are a liberal you are not happy, but realize it could have been much worse.

If you are fringe right or left you believe this pick is a sign of the end times.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 PM   #65
Mudslinger
Pope & Young
 
Mudslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA
Default

2 people that worked/clerked under Trump's pick are now clerking under Sotomeyor and Kagan. Solid pick.

I would be willing to bet that if Trump picked Obama, the Dems would still be against him because Trump picked him, (they would think he had brainwashed Obama). No matter who Trump picked the left was going to revolt!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 10:28 PM   #66
UncleBubba
Pope & Young
 
UncleBubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE Texas
Hunt In: Dickens, Hunt, and Red River Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
Wife is from West Texas.



Maybe Barrett is next up if there is another vacancy.


I hope so!
UncleBubba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 10:30 PM   #67
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
2 people that worked/clerked under Trump's pick are now clerking under Sotomeyor and Kagan. Solid pick.

I would be willing to bet that if Trump picked Obama, the Dems would still be against him because Trump picked him, (they would think he had brainwashed Obama). No matter who Trump picked the left was going to revolt!
And he used to clerk under Kennedy. He's the only one of the 4 finalists that makes me nervous. Hopefully he won't be another Kennedy. At least he won't be another Ginsberg though.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 10:33 PM   #68
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston
Hunt In: San Saba,TX
Default

I have a feeling he will not be as conservative as the others. Worst of the 4 imo. Still good,but not the best.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 10:35 PM   #69
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

I agree dukfvr & Heard he clerked under Kennedy...the left is about to alienate the centrists even further with the circus starting tomorrow. I doubt they have any clue to the continued self destruction. They should be grateful really of the 4.

Cannot state how ecstatic it is to not be on the left side of this coin...the thought of clinton making these appointments makes me cringe!! It's a good day.

I'm sure the opposition has the drizzles.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 06:03 AM   #70
JonBoy
Ten Point
 
JonBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
There are some people who think that his opinion formed the basis for Roberts opinion upholding the constitutionality of the ACA.

Its bull****. If you are a conservative you are happy with this pick.

If you are a liberal you are not happy, but realize it could have been much worse.

If you are fringe right or left you believe this pick is a sign of the end times.
Just to add on to this...I'm a moderate and at first glance am pretty pleased with the pick. Seems like the big view is that he is big on precedent and big on the Constitution. He also doesn't believe courts should make laws based on the judges politics...exactly as a SCOTUS judge should be.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
JonBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 06:39 AM   #71
skipetex
Ten Point
 
skipetex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hughes Springs
Hunt In: Blackwell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
Nobody’s perfect
since my money goes to my son's a&m tuition that made me laugh.
skipetex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #72
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Always interesting to see the rhetoric...
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 06:57 AM   #73
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Best thing about this pick....it wasn't Hillary's! #LiberalTears
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #74
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
And he used to clerk under Kennedy. He's the only one of the 4 finalists that makes me nervous. Hopefully he won't be another Kennedy. At least he won't be another Ginsberg though.
Yeah, wasn't he the fore runner on calling the ACA penalty a "tax"?
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 07:23 AM   #75
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
I am ****** at myself for ever voting for McCain....

Was a big mistake
But you didn't vote for McCain. You voted for Sarah Palin. Come on and admit it

I know I did
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #76
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Yeah, wasn't he the fore runner on calling the ACA penalty a "tax"?
Not that I am for the ACA by any stretch but what else do you call a payment mandated by the US Govt from private citizens? Defacto/Dejure
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 07:38 AM   #77
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Not that I am for the ACA by any stretch but what else do you call a payment mandated by the US Govt from private citizens? Defacto/Dejure

When it is essentially punishment for not following orders, a penalty/punishment.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #78
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Not that I am for the ACA by any stretch but what else do you call a payment mandated by the US Govt from private citizens? Defacto/Dejure


Sure. But by calling it a tax, which it was, then made it “constitutional” in the eyes of the supreme court.

I’m not fully on board with this guy yet. Hes better than anyone killary would have appointed. But some of his decisions have me scratching my head. He was a clerk under Kennedy, the man who helped legalize gay unions (i wont call them marriages), who authored the opinion on obamacare and sided on the wrong side of roe v wade. How can you work for Kennedy, a flip flopper and claim to not “write law but interpret the law and constitution as written”?
Until he proves me wrong, i will watch him out the corner of my eye.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #79
SolocamShooter
Pope & Young
 
SolocamShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lufkin,TX
Hunt In: East TX
Default

Anybody know what his 2nd amendment views are?
SolocamShooter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #80
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolocamShooter View Post
Anybody know what his 2nd amendment views are?
He is a strict originalist.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #81
BuckSmasher
Ten Point
 
BuckSmasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tyler, TX
Hunt In: All Over
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
I am ****** at myself for ever voting for McCain....

Was a big mistake
I voted for McCain against Obama thinking at least he wasn't Obama.... but isn't he?
BuckSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #82
SolocamShooter
Pope & Young
 
SolocamShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lufkin,TX
Hunt In: East TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
Sure. But by calling it a tax, which it was, then made it “constitutional” in the eyes of the supreme court.

I’m not fully on board with this guy yet. Hes better than anyone killary would have appointed. But some of his decisions have me scratching my head. He was a clerk under Kennedy, the man who helped legalize gay unions (i wont call them marriages), who authored the opinion on obamacare and sided on the wrong side of roe v wade. How can you work for Kennedy, a flip flopper and claim to not “write law but interpret the law and constitution as written”?
Until he proves me wrong, i will watch him out the corner of my eye.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He doesn’t seem to have as conservative a track record as I had hoped.

Last edited by SolocamShooter; 07-10-2018 at 11:11 AM.
SolocamShooter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #83
grizzman
Pope & Young
 
grizzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas
Default

It is fun to watch the collective angst of the liberals after (and before) this announcement. It is going to be fun the next few months.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #84
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckSmasher View Post
I voted for McCain against Obama thinking at least he wasn't Obama.... but isn't he?
Honestly, the amount of wars that McCain would of gotten us into Obama maybe just maybe might of been the better choice (just threw up a little there). Two poisons and you must drink one; but which is worse?
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 12:47 PM   #85
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Honestly, the amount of wars that McCain would of gotten us into Obama maybe just maybe might of been the better choice (just threw up a little there). Two poisons and you must drink one; but which is worse?
Haha - screen shotting this !!
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #86
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Honestly, the amount of wars that McCain would of gotten us into, Obama was the better choice.
Does this look better?
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #87
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
Does this look better?
Its all dependent on how bad McCain would of been. We will never know but I think we have more insight now than back then. I honestly don't know which one would of been worse since one never happened. I imagine war with Syria and Iran would of been added to Iraq and ********istan for starters. Then there is Libya; another obvious one. What Obama did can be undone as it is being undone before our eyes. War with the entire Middle East we would never recover from even if we whipped them.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #88
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

Good stuff here guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I remember how the never Trump'ers said Trump was really a closet liberal and not to vote for him. Two conservative nominations appointed by Trump, awesomeness. "A judge must interpermt the law, not make the law.

I think Sotomayor will be the next one to be replaced. She was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was 11 and is now already past her life expectancy.
Exactly!!! That works for anyone that is NOT a one issue voter and has a grasp of how the constitution works! That solves all issues in my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
Solid choice! I have followed his career on the DC court of appeals and read a few of his opinions. He is a no nonsense originalist. He will get dogpiled and about abortion because he is catholic. The only abortion ruling he commented on that I know of was in a dissenting opinion where he argued that the majority had created - out of thin air - a right for an illegal immigrant to get a government funded abortion
I have seen folks on here say some awful things about the Catholic faith I wondered how that would play across the fruited plains. I hope we are not still stuck on stupid when it comes to Catholics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I went though 3 pages of google search results and never found anything stating he is a bad person or Judge. Maybe google tailors the results you get based on your search history.

As far as his ruling regarding an illegal's right to an immediate abortion, that is his most recent important opinion. That should be fair game. However, he didn't opine against her because she was illegal or because she wanted and abortion, his opinion was that the government didn't have a duty to facilitate an abortion on behalf of an individual in custody. Thats a fair point. He wrote that if an abortion were desired, the Trump administration could not be compelled to facilitate it and that it would be more appropriate that should be released to a guardian that would take her to have the abortion.

Ultimately, the majority of the court did not agree with him but his opinion wasn't controversial in anyway
.
Thanks for the strong clarification and well made point! I would also agree about his decision if that is fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
There are some people who think that his opinion formed the basis for Roberts opinion upholding the constitutionality of the ACA.

Its bull****. If you are a conservative you are happy with this pick.

If you are a liberal you are not happy, but realize it could have been much worse.

If you are fringe right or left you believe this pick is a sign of the end times.
Booyah!!!! This single line can be used for some many debates on TBH it is an "INSTANT CLASSIC" in my opionion sir!!! Thanks, I needed that today!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I agree dukfvr & Heard he clerked under Kennedy...the left is about to alienate the centrists even further with the circus starting tomorrow. I doubt they have any clue to the continued self destruction. They should be grateful really of the 4.

Cannot state how ecstatic it is to not be on the left side of this coin...the thought of clinton making these appointments makes me cringe!! It's a good day.

I'm sure the opposition has the drizzles.
…...and that is a GOOD thing in my observation! Folks that are not hard left or right really need to understand that these folks are truly out-of-bounds!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
Sure. But by calling it a tax, which it was, then made it “constitutional” in the eyes of the supreme court.

I’m not fully on board with this guy yet. Hes better than anyone killary would have appointed. But some of his decisions have me scratching my head. He was a clerk under Kennedy, the man who helped legalize gay unions (i wont call them marriages), who authored the opinion on obamacare and sided on the wrong side of roe v wade. How can you work for Kennedy, a flip flopper and claim to not “write law but interpret the law and constitution as written”?
Until he proves me wrong, i will watch him out the corner of my eye
.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with keeping an eye on him, but not the clerking part. Being chosen to CLERK for a supreme court judge is HUGE! It sets the standard for your entire career as a lawyer, it does not mean you are LEFT or RIGHT on issues. It is a tremendous honor to even be considered for ANY slot on that level and the chances of even being in that hunt is incredibly minimal. Truly 1 in a million odds! As a newly minted lawyer I doubt anyone would pass on that opportunity to be in the Superbowl.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #89
Mudslinger
Pope & Young
 
Mudslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lubbock, TX
Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA
Default

If this pick has liberals so mad and upset and willing to do anything to stop his confirmation, it has to be a good choice for anyone on the right side of the middle!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #90
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
If this pick has liberals so mad and upset and willing to do anything to stop his confirmation, it has to be a good choice for anyone on the right side of the middle!


The Rhinos of McCain and Heitcamp came out in support of him. That makes me wonder.
I just hope he is a true conservative constitutionalist.
Heard on the radio today that Clarence Thomas is pondering retirement soon as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-10-2018, 06:11 PM   #91
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
If this pick has liberals so mad and upset and willing to do anything to stop his confirmation, it has to be a good choice for anyone on the right side of the middle!
Nah their whining doesent mean anything more than seeking attention. They were going to pitch a fit regardless of who was nominated. There is a womwn’s Lib org that had already make a protest press release and has “XX” as placeholder text. Well the idiots forgot to replace XX with Kavanaugh before they sent the presser on the wire. They had already fired up the outrage factory before they even knew who it was. They would have thrown the same fit if Trump had nominated Miss Piggy
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #92
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
The Rhinos of McCain and Heitcamp came out in support of him. That makes me wonder.
I just hope he is a true conservative constitutionalist.
Heard on the radio today that Clarence Thomas is pondering retirement soon as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When McCain actually casts his vote is when Ill believe he supports him....
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 07:12 AM   #93
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
When McCain actually casts his vote is when Ill believe he supports him....
It's getting close to midterms. Even the swamp creature Republicans know supporting Trump is good for votes right now. They'll put on a show for the next several months, then go back to their old ways.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #94
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

**** McCain.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #95
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

It still bothers me how he praised Kennedy’s career in his speech when trump nominated him sayin he was a voice for liberty. Kennedy was everything but that. Is he playing both sides of the isle to get confirmed easier? IDK, but its still a question we have to ask.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #96
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Yall keeping a close eye on him; what is your end game? What exactly is it that you will do should you see him do something you don't like? That is not how the game is played my friends.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #97
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
**** McCain.
.
Attached Images
 
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #98
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Yall keeping a close eye on him; what is your end game? What exactly is it that you will do should you see him do something you don't like? That is not how the game is played my friends.
We can't do anything about a SC justice. Roberts screwed us when he flipped and voted with the libs to uphold Obamacare. Nothing we can do about it.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #99
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Yall keeping a close eye on him; what is your end game? What exactly is it that you will do should you see him do something you don't like? That is not how the game is played my friends.


What im getting at is i will hold my support until he proves my gut feeling wrong. People are singing his praises already as a strict conservative but his record says otherwise


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #100
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston
Hunt In: San Saba,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
What im getting at is i will hold my support until he proves my gut feeling wrong. People are singing his praises already as a strict conservative but his record says otherwise


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This exactly. I hope I am wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be a snake in the grass. Definitely better than anything the hag would have put in.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com