No announcement yet.

Which Side x side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on my second Mule and I really love them. I have always thought most anything with a Honda name was great as well. I had Honda 4 wheelers and never had any trouble with them. Honda is proud of their side by sides. A guy I hunt with just got rid of his Polaris and got a Mule. He had a lot of mechanical issues with his Polaris. Mules are nowhere near the fastest in the pack but where I hunt, you don't drive fast anyway. Dependability is the name of the game. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Steves ATV View Post
      Outside of the price tag, anyone have any experience with the Can Am Defenders? Mule Pro FXT is solid. These are the two at the top of my list. We'll see what the market is like when I'm ready to buy in a year or so.
      I have a 2018 can am defender hd8 max with DPS.
      Love it. Incredibly quite. Pulls and hauls great. And Incredible ride

Comment

Not a side by side but these are very popular and are street legal .. Just a thought A/C radio lockable 4x4 full cab . I have seen some very nice ones and from info I gathered as I was looking into one very tough , do more than a side by side again from what I gathered

If you’re going to purchase or lease an ATV or UTV, consider a Japanese mini-truck instead! Learn more about why mini-trucks are the better option for you.
        Last edited by HDWRENCH; 07-03-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Dad owns a Ranger.

Brother owns a Pioneer 1000-5

Best friend owns a Mule Pro FXT.

The Pro FXT is the best out of those 3 in my opinion. The Pioneer is great but the back seats flat out suck to get in and out of. Rangers have too many problems when they get some hours on them. The Mule Pro FXT has a better warranty. It is easier to get in and out of the second row. Is more comfortable for the riders in the back seat. Has a steel bed floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek H. View Post
            Does anyone know a can am dealer? Im curious what they will come off on an hd8 max. I have a good idea of what i can get a mule for but cant find anything on the can ams
            Pm sent

Comment

Mule Pro FXT hand down... a couple of friends have the Ranger and they are always having maintenance issues. No issues with my Mule except for when the same friends need to use it because their Rangers are in the shop!!!

Comment

Yeah I'm right down the road from them but have heard they don't deal much on other makes either so i was going to try one of the mancuso dealers and see what they could do on the price. It sounds like im going to end up at UVC country getting a mule though.

I’m in Brazoria if you wanna stop by and drive/check out my mule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drive all of them and pick the one that suits you.

I've driven all of them, owned a few, and have a ranger crew. It works well for our needs...

Comment

Yeah I'm right down the road from them but have heard they don't deal much on other makes either so i was going to try one of the mancuso dealers and see what they could do on the price. It sounds like im going to end up at UVC country getting a mule though.
                    I shopped Mancusso, UVC and Goe. Out of the three Goe was the best deal and by far the nicest folks to deal with. Ended up with the Pro FXT Ranch after driving them all. I’ll never set food back in UVC. The manager was a jack wagon. He didn’t like the fact that I didn’t want the dresses out one with all the aftermarket stuff so he quoted me list price.

Comment

My BIL has a FXT and I have a 800 Ranger. The FXT is quieter, smoother riding, and has a smoother transmission. The Ranger handles heavy loads better, has much more ground clearance (factory), and way outperforms in the mud. I will say b/c I duck hunt out of mine so much I will probably always stick with a Ranger, but when my wife's crew wears out I will probably get her a FXT for running around the farm and chores and stuff.

Comment

Dangit! I popped in here hoping to see some good lookin SxS shotguns

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                          Dad owns a Ranger.

Brother owns a Pioneer 1000-5

Best friend owns a Mule Pro FXT.

The Pro FXT is the best out of those 3 in my opinion. The Pioneer is great but the back seats flat out suck to get in and out of. Rangers have too many problems when they get some hours on them. The Mule Pro FXT has a better warranty. It is easier to get in and out of the second row. Is more comfortable for the riders in the back seat. Has a steel bed floor.
                          I'd say for your application, this is a very accurate evaluation. I did a similar comparison and wound up with the Honda Pioneer 1000-5... I needed smaller footprint for manuverability in river bottom lands with heavy mud potential. I usually only have me and maybe one passenger, but on occasion want to haul more folks, such as my 2 grandsons... The Honda's shorter wheelbase, lighter overall weight and its ability to actually fit 5 people in a footprint of most single cab SXS's was my best choice... for duck hunting in flooded/muddy timber or rice fields. that Honda will run circles around the Mule. FYI, the 1000-5 will make a turning circle inside the standard ranger and WAY smaller turning circle than any of the "crews". It also has a MUCH better ride than the rangers or similar. The Mule may ride better, because it's about 800 pounds heavier than the 1000-5. I like Kawasaki products. The Mule just was not the best fit for my needs.

OP, I suggest as others have done... go test drive them all and evaluate the details of capabilities and buy what best fits your needs... IF you buy that mule for duck hunting, be sure and get a GOOD winch and carry a shovel and dead-man so you can get yourself out... Or make sure you have a buddy in a Honda that goes along with you!

Seriously, keep us posted and let us know what you choose. Good luck!

Comment

Got a mule 610. Slow but will get the job done for years and when it dies rebuild it and go another lifetime

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              You said for Duck Hunting mainly, so here’s some user specific facts on the vehicles you suggested. The Mule DOES NOT have a locking front diff AND WEIGHS OVER 600 lbs more than the Ranger. The Ranger will go through marsh and mud much better than the Mule AND has a lot more bed space with both vehicles crew seat platform. The Ranger has more comfortable seats for all passengers. The Mule wins in engine reliability (although I’ve never had an issue with my Ranger other than a fuel pump) and keeping passengers cleaner with the stock half-doors when going through muck. Power, the Ranger wins handily.

Now, if you had said hill country deer lease, I’d say the Mule 6 times out of 10 [emoji106]

Mule is definitely heavier.

Mule can fit a full size pallet in back. HUGE bed. Neither Ranger of Mule can haul a full load and be full of riders at same time. That’s why Mule you slide back seat forward and get the big bed.

Mule has a locking REAR differential. Polaris front diff lock rear only as well. Front diff on of All UTVs is limited slip.

Mule has two problems as an Owner I hope they change:
                              1) Power - they need to remove the detune on their engine and somehow add ~20hp. With 28” tires all decked out mine seems about the same power as my 570 Ranger Crew.

2) no sway bars!!! The mule has bad body roll and if lifted and a heavy top it’s worse. They need sway bars!!

I like both for various reasons.

Lights, sound bar, and woofer all ready to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                I'd say for your application, this is a very accurate evaluation. I did a similar comparison and wound up with the Honda Pioneer 1000-5... I needed smaller footprint for manuverability in river bottom lands with heavy mud potential. I usually only have me and maybe one passenger, but on occasion want to haul more folks, such as my 2 grandsons... The Honda's shorter wheelbase, lighter overall weight and its ability to actually fit 5 people in a footprint of most single cab SXS's was my best choice... for duck hunting in flooded/muddy timber or rice fields. that Honda will run circles around the Mule. FYI, the 1000-5 will make a turning circle inside the standard ranger and WAY smaller turning circle than any of the "crews". It also has a MUCH better ride than the rangers or similar. The Mule may ride better, because it's about 800 pounds heavier than the 1000-5. I like Kawasaki products. The Mule just was not the best fit for my needs.

OP, I suggest as others have done... go test drive them all and evaluate the details of capabilities and buy what best fits your needs... IF you buy that mule for duck hunting, be sure and get a GOOD winch and carry a shovel and dead-man so you can get yourself out... Or make sure you have a buddy in a Honda that goes along with you!

Seriously, keep us posted and let us know what you choose. Good luck!

Very good points. The Mule is used on dirt roads and cleared ranch roads. It’s perfect for that style of user. Both the Ranger Crew and the Mule are like driving a small bus, very different feel to each of them. The Pioneer would definitely be at the top of the list in dense timber and mud. It’s a lot more maneuverable and has much tighter turning radius.

My one complaint on Mules is exactly what you talk about. Their weight as well as lack of ground clearance limit them in a lot of ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X