gulf shores vacation ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gulf shores vacation ideas?

we will be in gulf shores in June. we are staying for a week in a house with private beach access. what are some ideas of things to do or sights to see while there? I would like to possibly take a bow fishing charter trip if anyone knows of a reputable guide.

Fort Morgan is cool
    I know a good inshore guide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for info, we will be in Ft. Morgan the last week of June.

Comment

The bow fishing guides around GS mainly target big stingrays. If your goal is to shoot redfish you’ll be disappointed

Comment

Waterville is a really fun water park in Gulf Shores. I was dead set against going because we were at the beach, but I caved and we took the family. We were in line before they opened and absolutely had a blast. It wasn’t very crowded and we rode slides, go carts, and played all day.

Comment

Look up Ken Lister. Pm me for his number. He runs a Bowfishing charter but the Bowfishing is not the fun part. The night life of the water is really neat to see under those lights. My boys had a blast seeing all the sea life under the water. I would say a must do!!!

Comment

If you can get a day away take a trip over to Pensacola and watch the Blue Angels practice for free! I’m not much help on things to do though. When I’m at the beach I am completely content with sitting in my chair with a cold drink for seven days straight.

Comment

Lets see, house with private beach access. sit on the deck and drink and look at the water.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  Waterville is a really fun water park in Gulf Shores. I was dead set against going because we were at the beach, but I caved and we took the family. We were in line before they opened and absolutely had a blast. It wasn’t very crowded and we rode slides, go carts, and played all day.

ill look it up and recommend to the family.

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                  Look up Ken Lister. Pm me for his number. He runs a Bowfishing charter but the Bowfishing is not the fun part. The night life of the water is really neat to see under those lights. My boys had a blast seeing all the sea life under the water. I would say a must do!!!
                  ill do it! so you go out on the boat with lights and ride around looking at marine life?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    The bow fishing guides around GS mainly target big stingrays. If your goal is to shoot redfish you’ll be disappointed
                    ive never shot sting ray before so it would be neat. should be easy targets! ive heard they taste good!

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
                      ill look it up and recommend to the family.

ill do it! so you go out on the boat with lights and ride around looking at marine life?
                      Its a bowfishing trip for stingray however, we found that just being out there on the beach and bay front with the lights it was amazing at what you seen at night in the water.

Comment

Sit on the beach and enjoy the views. Fall asleep under an umbrella, drink beer, smoke cigars, etc.

It's been about 10 years since I was last there, and 15 years before that, but both times, there was a restaurant called Sea N Suds that was good and seemed to have stood the test of time. There's a water park there if you have kids and I also remember a go-kart track.

But it's hard to beat just relaxing on the beach.

Comment

Can I piggyback on to this question for any inshore or offshore charter suggestions? We'll be there first week of July, would love to get into some snapper.

Comment

If you have kids, go to The Track !! Go Carts, Arcade Games, etc....

Comment

We also drove over to Pensacola to the Naval Museum !!
                              Very cool place and it is all indoors so you can kill a day if the weather is not so great !

Comment

Working...
                              X