mesquite bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mesquite bowhunting

mesquite bowhunting has anyone been here b4 any good reports?

I've hunted with Gerald for many years. He always has a good number of hogs and works very hard for you. We are from kansas and we make the 13 hour trip once a year. He keeps some good exotics around and I have had chances most times I've been out there. I was wanting a audad last year and had them around 4 different times. Was waiting on a bigger one to move in for a shot and they got sceard off everytime. I was a full draw on a couple of smaller ones but never could get the bigger one in the right spot. Those things are skittish and can see very well. He keeps a good number of rams around. It's a smaller place but I think for the price he shows you a good time. I think that if your looking for a hunt like this and listen to Gerald you will have a good time!!! Good luck!

Happy Hunting,

Bruce

Comment

How is the axis and blackbuck hunting there?

Comment

where is this located

Comment

Originally posted by tannerlst View Post
          where is this located
          Pearsal

Comment

Me and Muddybud took our wife's for a female hunt there last year. They did not kill anything but it wasent for a lack of effort and animals; if you know what I mean..Good Luck

Comment

I tried to hunt there about a year and a half ago. Sent in my deposit called the day of the hunt around noon to say I would be in late due to military duties and was told no problem. I called about 5:30 saying I was on the way only to be told we can't accomodate you now. Seems some other hunters brought in 2 extra folks and I was bumped from the weekend hunt. Never did get my deposit back and never looked back as I figured posting about my experience will surely prevent a hunter from being treated as I was.

Guess I should thank them though because I went elsewhere last minute and had a grand time and have been back there twice now and looking forward to returning soon for another great hunt.

I know many folks went to Pearsall for his hunts and some good and some bad. Best of luck if you go.

Comment

I hunted his place when he was in sabinal,tx and he ran a good opp. there. He had plenty of animals but the brush was so thick that it was hard to find your kill. I shot an audad and a blackbuck and a hog, only found the hog and lots of other peoples kill. I have not been to his place in pearsol yet but I want to. I will tell you he is a little diffrent,if you know what I mean. He accused me and my buddy of spot lighting on our way out of hunting. He said he saw my lights on my rollbar on and was kind of rude about it. He looked like an idiot when I showed him the lights weren't even hooked up. He is against mechanical broadheads and he won't allow spot and stalk. I would hunt with him again simply because he does stock a lot of animals and runs a regular feed route because you saw animals as soon as he fed. Plus it's priced right. Anyone want to book a hunt?

Comment

Just got back from a 3 day hunt with Gerald, 3 of us got a hog each with 2 unrecovered, not Geralds fault both were bad hits one non-lethal the other we tracked the hog for 2 hours and jumped him several times never could seal the deal. I could only hit 1 out of 3 shots taken and there were other misses. Gerald worked hard to keep us on the pigs with the ever changing winds and weather. I plan to go back and try for some exotics later saw a couple of fallow bucks I would take home along with axis, blackbuck and aoudad and other sheep.

Comment

I had a good hunt there. Buddies got hogs and a huge Watusi, I lost an axis buck and missed a couple hogs (first recurve hunt). Gerald worked hard to put us on animals.

Comment

Originally posted by tannerlst View Post
                      where is this located

mesquitebowhunting.net

Comment

Working...
                      X