Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactical Bolt Guns, Which one for 1500 or less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you shoot an SRS Texas? What kind of distance are you shooting and where? I am stuck at 300 yards for now but would love a chance to shoot farther.

Comment

You might check out the Remington Model 700 Stainless Special 5R Milspec.

A few guys down at the gun shop shot 1 holers straight out of the box with this thing (3 that I know and trust).

Here's a pretty good write-up:
      Looking to buy one of the Remington rifles? Check our out Remington 700 Buyers Guide that specifically looks at the Remington rifles delivered to the market in recent decades and how they evolved.

It retails for right at a grand. You could upgrade your stock if you choose with the money left over.

Comment

Originally posted by konahoss View Post
        I have a 700 SPS Tactical .308. I love it

This looks just like mine does

Great rifle I miss mine...alot

Comment

Have you considered an Accuracy International http://www.accuracyinternational.com/products.php if you are interested call Tac Pro they also have classes speak with owner Bill Davidson or instructor Dean Thompson tell them I sent you http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/ they will take care of you if your interested

Comment

Reason I want a bolt gun is for having a super quiet suppressed gun capable of 7-800 yards!

I love me an m1a! Debated about selling my fal a couple of times to go with one!

Texasgrown,

That is a bad mother!
            Thanks stickittoem!

Comment

Is he wanting to spend $1500 PLUS glass or $1500 WITH glass?

Why not one of these and out some really good glass on them?

Comment

Build I Savage you could build it how ever you wanted for 1500 and maybe include glass at that price.
                Matt

Comment

Travis... if you were a GOOD son... then you would get ol' pops something really nice like a GAP, or tac ops x-ray 51

seriously though, I just bought a LTR and it was right at $900 for the rifle. It shoots really well... with 5 different types of factory ammo so far, all but one of them is well under MOA. with the hornady TAP in the red box 168 gr AMax, I'm getting .5 MOA

you could buy that LTR, and have the barrel threaded and still be under $1500.

also, if that price includes optics, I just ordered a vortex viper 6.5-20 for $389 for my varmit purpose AR15 (that's with a $50 rebate they're doing right now). I put a mark 4 on my LTR, and that scope is really nice. hopefully I can tell the difference between the mark 4 and the vortex when it comes in though.

the main reason I'd say this rifle over the others is because of the shorter barrel... but if you're going to cut and thread it anyway, I guess it doesn't matter. I'd just hate to carry a 26" barrel with a suppressor on it as well.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by kyle1974; 10-31-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

The price is sans optics, just the rifle with threaded barrell and mcmillan stock and bipod, I'll be putting a Leupold long range VX III or a Mark 2, haven't decided which yet.

To your point Kyle, yes I want a 22-24" max barrell!

Comment

Remington 700 LTR. I have one in the safe. Short, light and a shooter. HS stock and the triggers are pretty good out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
                        Remington 700 LTR. I have one in the safe. Short, light and a shooter. HS stock and the triggers are pretty good out of the box.
                        I really like the stock a lot... it's not modular, over tacticool... but it's comfortable, and it works.... full length aluminum bedding block, floated, double studs in the front.. everything you need really. I might upgrade it to a manners T4, but as much as I like the factory stock I will have hard time dropping $700 for a new stock.

Comment

Cabelas has it on sale for 1499.00 right now

Comment

Have you considered building intead of buying a gun? Then you can customize it or make it as simple as you want.

Comment

T

check this one out brother

rifle w/out scope is priced right

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...k_#Post3434603

Rem 700 in .308 vs in hs precision stock with the verticle grip. Barrel was cut to 23 in and has x-mark trigger. Scope is a Mark 4 PR 4.5-14x40 with mildot and M1 turrets installed. Looking for 1700 for the package. Will split up for 850 for scope and rings and 850 for rifle.

Comment

I am assuming you are going to be shooting full power ammo through a can?

Or are you going to build a dedicated subsonic rifle?

I am building the latter right now but, it has a 16" barrel. I always build, that way I get what I really want. I love the LTR's and have several the all shoot good but, they do not all shoot like a custom gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X