No announcement yet.

weight tubes or weight in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the number goes down stiffness and grain per inch increases.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

weight tubes or weight in general

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
      wait......................a lighter arrow?? Ok now im really confused

The number 500, or 400, or 340 is the spine (stiffness) of the shaft. It has nothing to do with the weight of the shaft, although stiffer arrows of the same make tend to be a little heavier than weaker ones.

The number; 500, 400, 340, etc indicates the general amount of defection (how much the shaft will bend) in thousandths of inches when placed on two points a set distance apart (either 26” or 28”)and an exact weight (either 2# or 1.94#) is applied to the center of the shaft. So, the lower the number, the stiffer the shaft will be.

You said earlier in this thread you were shooting a 500 shaft, so the 400 that DRT is suggesting is stiffer..

I’m not sure what you need to be shooting, because I don’t know all the pertinent info, but if you are over 50# at your draw length, you will likely need a .400 spine shaft. If under 50# at you draw length, likely a .500 spine shaft. Nothing is written in stone though, as there are many ways to skin a cat when it comes to arrow tuning!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Bisch; 04-16-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
        wait......................a lighter arrow?? Ok now im really confused
        You should take 2 minutes and tell us your info; draw weight, draw length, bow type, arrow spine and length, point weight, etc. Without that we are all just really guessing how to help.

Comment

He's drawing a 55lb Sage at 29 or 29.5".

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            He's drawing a 55lb Sage at 29 or 29.5".

If this is true, he should definitely be looking at a .400 spine arrow!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shoot a 57# R/D longbow, 27" draw.

Arrows are Gold Tip 35/55s at 31", 100gr brass insert, 200gr point( 160gr STOS broadhead and 40gr adapter). Shoots like a dart bareshaft, weighs 570grains total arra weight.

The same arras shoot lights out out of my 52# Bear Takedown recurve.

I have penetrated to the off shoulder thru the shield on a 225# boar with this set up.

Comment

Working...
              X