Mesquite Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesquite Wood

I have a bunch of mesquite that I need to clean up this weekend. I thinking it is enough to fill up a 12'x5' trailer. It is all decent size but not split.

What length is best so it can be used in a fireplace or smoker?

How much is something like this worth?

If you have any big trunks, it is worth more to someone with a sawmill.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
      If you have any big trunks, it is worth more to someone with a sawmill.
      Depends on the mill. Most buy it by the pound and will pay for the cords of wood each trunk has. It is not really worth much as is if you have a means to load the whole trunk and big limbs to be milled, if you cut it into firewood you will pretty much be giving the wood away and getting paid for the labor invested in it.

Comment

Once it gets to the mill they are the ones who make the money...

Comment

Don't know where you are, but I'm looking for some large Mesquite trunks/limbs to home mill for a project I'm planning.

Comment

I sell mesquite to retail stores so it is worth more than bulk, I rarely sell it bulk because most people want me to give it away.

All depends on where you are and what time of year. This time of year is slow and if it is green that would be tougher.

split bulk per cord I have seen anywhere from 150 to 300 per cord.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              Don't know where you are, but I'm looking for some large Mesquite trunks/limbs to home mill for a project I'm planning.
              I’m just south of San Antonio.
              I do have some large trunks if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
              X