No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Cowtown 50th Anniversary Archery Celebration and Festival Flyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone that in interested in sending donations for the shoot can send them to:
    CTB
    312 Crestridge Cr.
    Lakeside, Tx. 76108

Comment

Fax sent to Todd........from NTA !!!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
        Tanks to awl da sponsores four there genrus donashuns.
        T^ T^ T^
        This message provided by Todd , solely his comments and are not the views of and has absolutely no affiliation with,
        Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club
        9900 Watercress Dr.
        Ft. Worth Tx 76108

Todd had not time to practice in the making of this message , LOL!

Comment

It is ready to go.
          The midway is ready to go as well.

This is a big money payout shoot that is using a percentage based stake placement formula to level, the playing field. 16 classes- ANYONE can win this shoot. Lots of DOOR PRIZES and every MIDWAY game has its own prizes and will be given to the top shooters on each game.

We are scoring EVERY scoring ring on the targets (14-12 high and low-11 center- 8- 5- 0) check out the brackets and notice each bracket makes the FINAL 4 Youth/ Woman/Mens hunter-Trad/ Mens open

Flu Flu longshot NOVELTY SHOOT for a CAMO 4 WHEELER trailer Hit the target and qualify. All qualified shooters will shoot closest to the center for the trailer.

Comment

Best shoot ever guys. Thanks.

Comment

Had a great time. This was the first shoot of this type with a Shootdown of this type, that I have ever seen. I couldn't believe that a 10 year old shot against a seasoned Adult for all the marbles. Good shooting, Casey Jones for the win. Can't wait until next year.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert58 View Post
                Had a great time. This was the first shoot of this type with a Shootdown of this type, that I have ever seen. I couldn't believe that a 10 year old shot against a seasoned Adult for all the marbles. Good shooting, Casey Jones for the win. Can't wait until next year.

Robert
                x100

Way to go Cowtown!! look forward to this event next year, with any luck and some growth, this could well be a multi location/event. For those that missed it, make sure you get there next time around.

Proud to be able to say I got to shoot the first of many to come.

Comment

Here is a brief Shootdown summary:
                  16 class winners made the shootdown. There was a youth bracket/ Female bracket/ Mens hunter classes and Trad bracket / and all the mens Open and Unlimited classes.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
                  [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

We went through each round eliminating shooters until we had 1 representative from each bracket it the Final Four. We used a 70%;75%,80%,90% formula based on max distance of each class for the shootdown. As the finals went on each round was a little harder shot.

This was my HOPE when working on the format. Have a shoot where ANYBODY could win and this proved to be the case. We had a 9-12 youth, Female Recurve, Mens senior Hunter and Mens Unlimited (pins) make the final four.

[IMG][/IMG]

These 2 great shooters made the finals

[IMG][/IMG]
                  In the Finals Casey had to make a 41 yd shot and hit a High 12. Luke had an 18 yd shot and was a center 11 about 1/2" from sending it to a second shot.

Thanks again to everyone who came to PLAY and I hope you all had as much FUN shooting as we did hosting this event. A whole lot of work by a whole lot of people was needed for this shoot. We learned some things and always look for ways to improve but I personally think it was a HUGE SUCCESS for the archery community as a hole. There sure were alot of smiling faces and and lots of winners throughout the day.

With fuel as high as it is, I was glad to see the many folks that came from Oklahoma and the Houston area. Thanks for coming.

Comment

Kudos for Kowtown, A for Archery!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Good things to come after this example of where the sport should be heading in the near future.
                    Thanks to all that helped in this effort to make archery a fun and exiting thing to be involved in!!!
                    Rocky, Todd, Mike, and Tracy, and way to many more to list here, up to, and including all sponsors who donated countless prizes to make this an Event To Remember. Awesome job Everyone, Can't wait till the next one!!!!!!!!!!
                    Glad I was able to make it there to share Cowtown's 50th!!!!!!!
                    Brad >>>------->

Comment

Originally posted by Robert58 View Post

Robert
                      Thanks Robert,
                      I enjoyed seeing you again and shooting with you in the shootdown. The shootdown definitely put pressure on me and only got harder when I had to go up against Luke. That boy can flat out shoot!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X