Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread (4th Annual)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems pretty slow last week at my lease in Motley Co. bucks didn't give the does a second look.

Comment

I'd like to apologize in advance to whomever blades the County roads in Collingsworth County.
      It was not pretty.
      Rained the whole way up, all weekend and all the way home.

My middle boy got his first shot on a deer and got it done.
      Proud Dad moment right here.
      He is 9 years old.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	TDBUCKR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	24474439

My oldest boy got his buck, a 200lb bruiser of an 8 point.
      His best and made a great shot.

Name:	JDBUCK2R.jpg
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	24474440

Bucks were already bachelored-up and dominating the feeders again, didn't see a doe.

Spent alot of time around the campfire, and that's a good thing.
      We had a great weekend.

Name:	daisyr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	24474441
      Good luck everybody.

Comment

Took this buck 11/31/16, I had 4 yrs of history with this boy!!!

Name:	Socks 2016.jpg
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	24474442

Comment

Congrats Mark. Rynn sent me pics of yours and Calvin's deer last night.

Comment

That M Williams is so hot right now.

Comment

thanks Doug, I will be getting with you to get an official score when I get him back.

Comment

Clark, tell your boys congrats........You better watch out or you going to loose your hot spots to them two........

Rwc

Comment

Y'all been seeing pretty good movement this last week or so? I'm about to get out of school and ready to do some hunting!!

Comment

Congrats to all them boys who put tags on bucks!

Comment

I went out this morning and saw 4 bucks and 1 doe. I saw one buck comparable to the big 11 my son killed last year but he never give me a clean shot. You can bet I'll be back out in the cold trying again this evening and in the morning. I'm starting to finally see some nice deer now that it's cold and the rut seems to be winding down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Congrats to your boys Clark!

As you guys were leaving Sunday I was getting chores finished up so I could head out. I saw a really nice one standing on the side of the road on the way out. Movement was really good Sunday evening. I saw the one I was after again, just couldn't quite get a shot on him. I have his pattern down pretty good now though, just need to change where I am sitting by 200 yards or so.

Roads weren't too bad Sunday evening, up north of the river. Most of it was OK, with bad spots here and there. Going out was better than coming home, some of the slick parts were uphill coming back into town, there was one I wasn't sure I was gonna make it up.

Rut seems to be tapering off here, but movement is still pretty good.

My son put an arrow through a good one Monday evening, but I think the shot was too low. We tracked him for about 500 yards before the blood quit dripping and we lost it in the tall grass. He is pretty bummed about it. That was the buck he was after. He was on the west side of the place in the woods at Quail, if you remember that place Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                            Congrats to your boys Clark!

My son put an arrow through a good one Monday evening, but I think the shot was too low. We tracked him for about 500 yards before the blood quit dripping and we lost it in the tall grass. He is pretty bummed about it. That was the buck he was after. He was on the west side of the place in the woods at Quail, if you remember that place Clark.
                            I remember it well, thought you had it set up great.
                            I hate to hear your boy lost that buck, I've had 2 bucks I didn't recover.
                            And both times the shot was low.
                            One of those bucks lived and was shot next pasture over 3 weeks later.
                            Best of luck to him rest of season, it's not over!

Thanks for the kind words about my boys everybody.

Name:	boysR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	24474623

Other than me insisting on steaks for the straps and loins, I let them pick what they wanted done with their deer.
                            We're gonna be set on jerky for 2017.
                            Baseball is right around the corner and that's the dugout preference.
                            It'll get eaten.

And congrats M Williams on a great buck, he is beautiful.

Comment

Got my good luck partner helping me watch for big boy. She's not happy that I got cold and stole her warm hat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool full stock on that rifle. What caliber is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X