Brute "Bison Coolers" problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
    Yeti sure as heck wouldnt warranty six or seven year old latches.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Yes, Yeti will either replace items like this for free (case depending) or will work out a deal with you to fix the broken part. I know several that have had things break on their Yeti and had replace parts shipped to them. If Bison cares about its product, then they should work with the man to help him fix his cooler. It might not be free for him, but I think some customer service here couldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
      Yes, Yeti will either replace items like this for free (case depending) or will work out a deal with you to fix the broken part. I know several that have had things break on their Yeti and had replace parts shipped to them. If Bison cares about its product, then they should work with the man to help him fix his cooler. It might not be free for him, but I think some customer service here couldn't hurt.
      You are dead wrong. I own two older Yetis and they didn't do anything to get me latches because those latches were discontinued and my coolers were out of warranty. they also didn't offer to replace my coolers either, which I did not expect them to. The latches in question are not made anymore and I didn't expect a company to replace anything once my warranty was up. There is nothing Bison can do for those latches since they are not made anymore. Same thing with the latches on my older Yeti coolers. They are not made anymore so I am SOL. I own all bison coolers now and will always own Bison coolers. As a matter of fact I have a Gen1 cooler that they just sent me latches for that is way out of warranty. These are the latches that came after the latches the OP is needing. So yes, they do stand behind their products 100%, but sometimes things just can't be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
        That is irrelevant. One of the reasons people buy high end coolers is for the durability of them. If that was my cooler I would be disappointed in the response that was posted. If I am in the market for a high-end cooler in the future I don't see it being a Bison. If you get a bad reputaion it stays for a long time even if you have changed.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
        He got good use from the cooler. It’s a gen1.... when they came out they were about 1/3-1/2 price of yeti. He got his money worth of imagine and if there was a reasonable fix for the issue I have zero doubt they would make it right.

Side note: I own bison, yeti, rtic.. so I’m not brand loyal or standing up for them. Just think it’s unfair to hate on them in this situation

Comment

Look guys I'm not hating on bison but what I dislike is the public response that was posted. Stuff happens I get it but it seems to me that an offer of maybe retrofitting a new latch system on to his existing cooler could be sent his way at cost. You know sometimes a little goes are really long way.

Comment

Look guys I'm not hating on bison but what I dislike is the public response that was posted. Stuff happens I get it but it seems to me that an offer of maybe retrofitting a new latch system on to his existing cooler could be sent his way at cost. You know sometimes a little goes are really long way.

I’m not sure what you expect them to do for a cooler that hasn’t been made in 5-6 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did you read my response that you quoted?
              Maybe a new (currently being used) latch kit at cost (not free) could be an option.
              Everybody has their opinions about customer service and I don't see any at this point.
              Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              I’m not sure what you expect them to do for a cooler that hasn’t been made in 5-6 years?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                You are dead wrong. I own two older Yetis and they didn't do anything to get me latches because those latches were discontinued and my coolers were out of warranty. they also didn't offer to replace my coolers either, which I did not expect them to. The latches in question are not made anymore and I didn't expect a company to replace anything once my warranty was up. There is nothing Bison can do for those latches since they are not made anymore. Same thing with the latches on my older Yeti coolers. They are not made anymore so I am SOL. I own all bison coolers now and will always own Bison coolers. As a matter of fact I have a Gen1 cooler that they just sent me latches for that is way out of warranty. These are the latches that came after the latches the OP is needing. So yes, they do stand behind their products 100%, but sometimes things just can't be fixed.
                Same thing happened to me. I called Bison (Brute then) and they sent me a set of latches.

Comment

Maybe a new (currently being used) latch kit at cost (not free) could be an option.
                  Everybody has their opinions about customer service and I don't see any at this point.

The new latch kits will not work on the cooler he has, so that is why they didn't offer to send him one. The latch kit he needs is a completely different style.

Comment

Lid molding/ latch system is completely different now from original. See post 24 for comparison.
                    Last edited by DarrellS; 09-21-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

As many other have stated the newer latch kits are a completely different design. Likely not compatible.

Comment

Surely a new latch kit can be installed on these areas where it appears that the lid and body are flush to each other.
                        Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        As many other have stated the newer latch kits are a completely different design. Likely not compatible.

Comment

Surely a new latch kit can be installed on these areas where it appears that the lid and body are flush to each other.

At that point go to hardware store and buy a metal latch for $5 and be done. That would certainly be an easy fix to keep it in service.

Comment

And why should Bison have to be the ones to come up with that solution?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                              Since you received customer service it’s easy to say why you are addimament about your opinion. Let’s be clear, I under stand the age of cooler is an issue. I understand the hinges are no longer in production.
                              What I was disappointed in was in the response that is a gen one produced in Taiwan would not be covered. That guy bought what was being sold at that moment. I’m betting he did not ask for a specific product beyond size. Why did you switch brand??? poor customer service
                              Last edited by rwoot; 09-21-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

That is irrelevant. One of the reasons people buy high end coolers is for the durability of them. If that was my cooler I would be disappointed in the response that was posted. If I am in the market for a high-end cooler in the future I don't see it being a Bison. If you get a bad reputaion it stays for a long time even if you have changed.

I believe the folks at Bison are great people and will work with anyone on a reasonable solution to a problem. The issue of a discontinued cooler where the current model latches won't retrofit on them is not a reasonable solution they can resolve...nor should they! The original coolers were 1/2 the price of the top brands. It is not reasonable to expect them to fix an old, discontinued model.

Originally posted by rwoot View Post
                                Since you received customer service it’s easy to say why you are addimament about your opinion. Let’s be clear, I under stand the age of cooler is an issue. I understand the hinges are no longer in production.
                                What I was disappointed in was in the response that is a gen one produced in Taiwan would not be covered. That guy bought what was being sold at that moment. I’m betting he did not ask for a specific product beyond size. Why did you switch brand??? poor customer service
                                I am addimament that the folks at Bison would bend over backward to fix a reasonable request. What the heck do you expect them to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X