Harmonica anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmonica anyone?

Anybody here that likes to play the harmonica? I was in the checkout line in True Value wasting time( waiting on a price check) and started looking around at the impulse items on the counter, I found a Bluesbrand Hohner international harmonica for $6.99. Never tried to play one except for a plastic one I had when I was a little kid. Just had to have it. I’ve been driving the dog mad for three days. Sure beats me guitar and piano playing skills. Lol

Bill Clinton got in trouble for playing with his whoremonica

Comment

YouTube have some good learning videos

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can do it. My guitar playin' son taught himself.

Comment

My brother plays chromatic and blues harp professionally. He's also plays trumpet, keyboards, sax and trombone.

Here's a link to him playing Stevie Wonder's classic "Overjoyed" on chromatic harmonica.

Provided to YouTube by TuneCoreOverjoyed · Gary WeldonEvery Day Ain't Friday℗ 2012 TIERRAReleased on: 2012-06-20Auto-generated by YouTube.

Here's another Nat King Cole classic. "Smile"

Provided to YouTube by TuneCoreSmile · Gary WeldonEvery Day Ain't Friday℗ 2012 TIERRAReleased on: 2012-06-20Auto-generated by YouTube.
          Last edited by Froggy; 09-11-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Harmonica anyone?

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
            Bill Clinton got in trouble for playing with his whoremonica [emoji3]

THis really made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
              Bill Clinton got in trouble for playing with his whoremonica

Not worth the 7 dollars....................

Comment

I have a few I play around on. The Honer Blues Band is one of my favorites, love the sound. I can only play it for so long though. That wood is harder on your tongue than the plastic on the Lee.

Comment

I tried to learn, I was always suckin’ when I was supposed to be blowing!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    I tried to learn, I was always suckin’ when I was supposed to be blowing!
                    The quote of the day, right there.... lol

Comment

I took a few lessons when I was very young. And still blow a harmonica every now and then

Comment

There great fun even if you can't play it right

Comment

always liked this dude playing

Clint Black, grammy award winning country&western superstar performs live in Houston, Tx. He got some blues and rock chops, too!

Comment

Bought one years ago.

Learned some basic tunes fairly quickly. Learned to pick a little guitar and play a harmonica on a rack. That's even more fun.

I'm not too good, but I like to make a little music. Makes me happy.

Comment

Try a Lee Oskar harmonica also, I prefer them over hohner or other brands

Comment

Working...
                              X