Career Change Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career Change Advice

Background is Emergency Services, EMS education, critical care and executive leadership. Done with 24 hr shifts and direct patient care.

My quandary is, Emergency Management or Industrial Safety route. I’ll need 2-3 semesters to finish a degree in either. I have a lot more knowledge currently in Emergency Mgmt with a bunch of FEMA certs, etc.

Advice on either field?

Just curious, but is a degree necessary? Sound like you have more than enough experience for either position.

Comment

You can come spray foam for me, I'll keep ya plenty busy and in shape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
        Just curious, but is a degree necessary? Sound like you have more than enough experience for either position.
        You would think...unfortunately, most jobs that pay a decent wage require a degree in a related field plus the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
          Background is Emergency Services, EMS education, critical care and executive leadership. Done with 24 hr shifts and direct patient care.

My quandary is, Emergency Management or Industrial Safety route. I’ll need 2-3 semesters to finish a degree in either. I have a lot more knowledge currently in Emergency Mgmt with a bunch of FEMA certs, etc.

Advice on either field?

What kind of money do you want to make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            What kind of money do you want to make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Well...that’s why I’m asking. Which field is most lucrative to go into?

Comment

I know that the safety side pays well, anything from oil and gas to hospitals

Comment

guy i know works safety for complete energy services. hes been there for a while and just recently got moved to safety.. he travels ALOT and is in charge of 10 rigs i think.. but dude has a ridiculous salary (120k+).. not to mention the latest and greatest f250 every year for a "work" truck provided, with fuel card..

i'd leave my job RIGHT NOW if they would hire me.

Comment

Advice on either field?
                  As a fellow first responder I would say it would be easier to transition to the OEM route but I think your pay would be better in the Industrial Safety arena. My cousin worked offshore for the rigs as a medic and made double what he was making riding a bus. I would imagine the management side of that industry would be no different.

Comment

Well...that’s why I’m asking. Which field is most lucrative to go into?
                    Money won’t buy happiness brother.

Comment

But it will help

Comment

Have you thought about renting yourself out for imaging center contrast coverage?
                        I know ara pays emt
                        And I know several centers I've worked at before usually pay 50$ per pt to just sit there while we inject... considering I usually do 6-10 injections a day that adds up quick

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                          But it buys a jetski. You ever seen anybody frown on a jetski?

Good luck to you OP

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                            That's just something people with no money say.

Comment

I work with industrial safety folks almost daily, pay is really good with O&G and Mining companies that I work with and they're home every night. I would do industrial safety or ehs

Comment

Working...
                              X