Feeders on Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeders on Public

Anyone set up feeders for hogs on public land? I am thinkin about putting out a little 5 gallon self feeder for hogs. I have found a couple of them where i hunt but they are not currently being used. I am gonna try the best i can to hide it but i know its public and other people may hunt it but i'm not too worried about it, just hope nobody steals it.

Anyone have a good design for a feeder thats hard to see?

Most inexpensive feeder is 4” PVC pipe approximately 3 feet long with a cap on each end, 1 end needs to be a threaded cap so you can put the corn in it. You will need to drill several ½” holes in the pipe so the corn will fall out when the hogs are rooting around it.

You will also need to attach a rope to the pipe so it can be tied to a tree.
    Good Luck!!

Comment

A rope? Chain that sucker to a tree. It's a great way to feed hogs. They love to root and push around. A gravity/bump feeder will get torn up by hogs. Last one I set up for hogs they ended up tearing it down, ripping the bump stick out and the lid was nowhere to be found!

Comment

Which public land do you intend to hang your feeder? Most are controlled by some department or agency, of which many are non feeder friendly. Just be sure be sure of the regulations before you do so.

Comment

Feeding is allowed for hogs currently where i am hunting. I built a pipe feeder and put it out yesterday.

Comment

good luck, hope you and only you are able to hunt that feeder. feeders not only attract animals but other hunters as well.

Comment

Working...
            X