No announcement yet.

My home made bamboo arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some nice arrows Sam. They should work really good.

Comment

Pretty cool!

Comment

I stopped at Lowes before I stopped at Walmart. Lowes was selling individual garden stakes for something like $1.50 each, and they were crap. The only problem with the Walmart deal was the green paint that was kind of a chore to sand off. For that price, I'd do it again, though. Of course I still have 29 stakes left in this batch.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Wow those are cool.

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Sweet! Nothing like shooting something you made yourself.

Comment

Those turned out very nice Sam. Lot of work, but a nice project and price.

Comment

Sam those really turned out nice. Did you stain all of them already? or just the 6 you have finished? Would be interested to see what some of the other color combos would look like.

Glenn

Comment

Tenbrook hit the nail on the head with that tutorial. I made a bunch a while back. It was hard to find good stuff at home depot without a bunch of rotted areas. It was funnier to see the looks on people faces when I'm standing there measuring the thickness of pieces in the packs with a micrometer. I couldn't go by actual spine weight, so I used Tenbrook's method of winging it with a weight and marking on a board. But I figured out the the best shooters I had were right at 8mm. Any bigger and they didn't bend around the selfbow. But those are some dang tough bullets. I've bounced them off of all kinds of stuff that would break wood, and probably carbon as well.

Comment

how do your arrows shoot?

Comment

Cool! They look good!

Comment

Those are some nice looking arrows. I might try to play with a few myself

Comment

Originally posted by G Posik View Post
                                Sam those really turned out nice. Did you stain all of them already? or just the 6 you have finished? Would be interested to see what some of the other color combos would look like.

Glenn
                                I just stained those six. I plan on trying different colors. I've got black, green, red, navy blue, medium brown, and mahogany.

Comment

Working...
                                X