No announcement yet.

traditonal beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not bad. You are already grouping arrows. 20 yards is a bit far to start out. Moveit up to 12. Focus on your form and not on making great shots.

Comment

I like where Deb is going, but I would say go even closer. Remember, you are trying to establish a good anchor, learn to release with your fingers the same each time, and train your brain and muscle memory to put the arrow in the right place. You should be focusing on form more than results at this point...in my opinion.

Comment

Deb and Chunky are spot on!

Bisch

Comment

Thanks for the tips.
          I'm definitely following all advice.

Comment

What part of Houston are you in? I just moved here (kingwood) from Louisiana and have been shooting Trad bows for years. if we are close maybe we can get together and shoot. Don't have my bow here yet but will after this weekend.

I've got a 40# bear super kodiak that you can use...I agree, 65# is too heavy to start out with.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
              What part of Houston are you in? I just moved here (kingwood) from Louisiana and have been shooting Trad bows for years. if we are close maybe we can get together and shoot. Don't have my bow here yet but will after this weekend.

I've got a 40# bear super kodiak that you can use...I agree, 65# is too heavy to start out with.

Comment

I stay on southwest Houston. Today I was shooting at Greater Archery formerly Viking Archery.
                Forgot to mentioned, I downgraded to a 50#

Comment

Updates on progress.thanks again for the tips,today I was shooting at 10yds using a tab I was shooting this almost every time.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

You're on your way. Build your shot . Go through all the components of your form every time you draw. Its about form right now, not good shots. Good shots follow good form.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                      You're on your way. Build your shot . Go through all the components of your form every time you draw. Its about form right now, not good shots. Good shots follow good form.
                      X2 When I started, as I built my form, I shoot from between 3 and 5 yards (I can't exactly remember)and as soon as my groups where all in a 3 inch circle I moved back and repeated the process. Like Deb said, it's all about from right now and as your form gets better and consistent your shots will get better. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                        I stay on southwest Houston. Today I was shooting at Greater Archery formerly Viking Archery.
                        Forgot to mentioned, I downgraded to a 50#
                        I am down 59 in Richmond, more then willing to try and help you out. Work not to far from GHA, but I am heading out of town for 2 1/2 weeks on Tuesday, so after that more then willing to try and help you out. Message me and I will send you my contact info.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]Progress report after training daily for about 3 weeks.I'm shooting this about 80% of the time at 11 yards.[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Sent you a email Buck-Chaser, It was much to large for a PM LOL

Comment

Nice, just keep practicing and having fun!

Comment

I started out at five yards and after a year I'm only confident out to fifteen. Anything past that is not all that great.

Comment

Working...
                                X