Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR

Bushmaster or S&W m&p 15

Of those two? Bushmaster. I believe the sporting S&W lacks a forward assist (which I use to quietly load my AR in the woods).

Plus, Bushmaster has been in the business longer and in my experience makes a good product.
    Last edited by UltraMax; 10-02-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I shoot the S&W 5.56/.223. It's a great gun and I have really enjoyed it.

Comment

I never had any issues from either. Most their products are mil-spec. I'd shop for the right model that suits you the best.

Comment

There is a used smith in good condition for 799. Don't know much about them. It's pretty clean tho and a bushmaster for the same price. The wife is wanting one for Xmas

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
            There is a used smith in good condition for 799. Don't know much about them. It's pretty clean tho and a bushmaster for the same price. The wife is wanting one for Xmas
            I bought mine right before some big school shooting a year or two ago and didn't pay that much for it new but it was bone dry as far as accessories go.

Not sure what the average retail of a new one is now--would have to do a little searching.

They sure are fun to accessorize!

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMaxNCV View Post
              Of those two? Bushmaster. I believe the sporting S&W lacks a forward assist (which I use to quietly load my AR in the woods).

Plus, Bushmaster has been in the business longer and in my experience makes a good product.

SW makes a sport model that doesn't night have a forward assist or dust cover. The rest of their AR models do.

I vote Smith and Wesson. They stand behind their guns if something breaks.

Stay away from the plastic bushmaster too.

Comment

Which models?

Comment

PSA had a Bushmaster on their daily deal earlier this week for $499 plus a $50 rebate. I'd wait for it to come back around, or watch Gunbroker.

Comment

Ok it was originally a sport model and someone added a rail and a rear sight on it. Make sense?

Comment

Not sure what model bushmaster

Comment

I'm willing to bet money the 499 dollar bushmaster was the one with the plastic lower and pencil barrel. Which is fine, if you only shoot once in a blue moon and want the cheapest thing on the market. But if you want one that will last I'd stay away, save the money and buy the all metal variety.

Comment

Ok it was originally a sport model and someone added a rail and a rear sight on it. Make sense?
                          I just sold a sport model for $599 the other day. Brand New btw

Check out PSA

or

Ruger's new budget AR.
                          Last edited by mmoses; 10-02-2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
                            I'm willing to bet money the 499 dollar bushmaster was the one with the plastic lower and pencil barrel. Which is fine, if you only shoot once in a blue moon and want the cheapest thing on the market. But if you want one that will last I'd stay away, save the money and buy the all metal variety.
                            how much you want to bet?

Comment

Ummm, 5 of them pog things they use for coins over here instead of real money? Its the only cash I can get my hands on at the moment. Or how about 200 Afghani?

Comment

Working...
                              X