Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any science behind vane and blade alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any science behind vane and blade alignment?

How is arrow flight effected with vane vs. BH blade alignment?

3 blades aligned directly with the vanes vs. opposite the vanes etc...

Does the arrow spin or stabilize differently?

I shoot two blade broadheads with 4 vanes so they never line up LOL. The key is shooting a bow that's tuned and the right spine. Lining up blades with vanes makes no difference at all.

Comment

I've never heard of 4vanes. Learn something new every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
        I've never heard of 4vanes. Learn something new every day.
        I do same on mine. Just another tool to possibly improve accuracy more with fixed blade Broadheads.

Comment

Nope. Just make sure bow is tuned and BH's spin true on the shaft. Blade and vane alignment means nothing.

Comment

I've never lined mine up and they are accurate.... like said already, true spin and properly tuned rig and setup will give you great flight and accuracy.

Comment

I 4 fletch my target arrows but not my hunting arrows, they still have the 3 vanes on them, I need to get them off and go 4 fletched on them too, the more feather the better they steer.

Comment

There was a study published in one of the bowhunting mags a few years ago. Makes no difference.

Comment

I swore by this for years and then a realized it makes no difference.

Comment

Good answers here. Tune your bow. Spin test the arrows with every head to make sure you are good there then go kill something.

Comment

Makes no difference. Even if shooting a 3 blade with 3 fletch, or 4 blade with 4 fletch, the fletchings will have a helical. When the broadhead is 29" away from this helical imaginary line, the broadhead cannot be in line with helical.

Comment

Working...
                      X