Bogen Manfrotto fluid head....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogen Manfrotto fluid head....

Which one to get, there is alot of them to chose from???

It will be used on my Hunters cam cradle...

The 3130. Here's a link

Wife got me one for Christmas and liked it so much got to get me another for my birthday to keep on my tripod.

Comment

I was looking at the 3130, but I "m also looking at one with a third axis just in case I have probelms leveling out the camera...

Comment

Dale are you looking at a fluid head with the 3rd axis? Which one?

Comment

If you are going to be using a camera tripod, get the fluid head.

If you will be attaching the head to a super clamp for treestand use, you need the 3rd axis movement to make the camera level with the ground.

Unfortunately, the new bogan 3-Way head is not ideal for video use because it is virtually impossible to get smooth pans and tilts...but I haven't found a better head for treestand use.

Comment

I'm looking pretty good at the 3039 head...... it covers just about everything I'm looking for and its only 6 1/2 inches tall...

Comment

I bet it's a heck of a lot smoother than the 808RC4 piece of junk.

Comment

Why would the 808RC4 be a peice of junk, from what I can tell they are almost the same head, The 808 uses the small square quick detach and the 3039 uses the bigger octogon shaped quick detach.., they also make a pro model of the 3039...

Comment

I have one. The head movement is stiff and jerky. Of course, it is intended for still photography and not video.

Comment

If you are using a tripod, a fluid head with a ball is the QUICKEST and quietest way to level the camera, but then you also need to purchase a tripod that is capable of using a ballhead!
                    Welcome to the Catch-22 of video.!
                    If you're using one of those strap on the tree's camera mounts go with a 3 way axis adjustment or else that super duper expensive camera mount that will accept the ball head. That's ALOT of extra stuff to be packing in if you're hunting by yourself!
                    I use a Bogen/Manfrotto 503 w/ the quick attach 75mm ball and a long slide plate, but then my camera weighs about 13 lbs fully decked out and I need a bigger tripod, bigger battery. etc.etc.
                    My suggestion is shop smart and don't be in a rush! Local camera shops SHOULD let you set your camera up and play with the tripods before buying! Mine do here in Dallas!

Comment

Dale, I bought the 3031, and then found a bogen 484 ball adjustment hootus thingy at Cabela's that goes betwixt the 3031 and the super clamp. Only required a piece of all thread and two jam nuts to hook'em together.

Only had it a week and have only messed with it around the house, so I'm not sure how great it'll work but it's something for ya to look at.

Comment

Working...
                      X