Silver Flame XXL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Flame XXL?

Has anyone shot the XXL out of a recurve? If so, how did they flight? I'll be shooting them out of a 55lb Hoyt Buffalo.

I'm sure bisch will chime in, but I just got my first pack of silver flames 100gr for my compound, and they shoot perfect. They be some hemorrhage making beauties. Just don't get the Alaskan brand kine. Can't wait to see a deer now. 0-6 sits.
    Last edited by Maui-diver; 10-16-2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
      I'm sure bisch will chime in, but I just got my first pack of silver flames 100gr for my compound, and they shoot perfect. They be some hemorrhage making beauties. Just don't get the Alaskan brand kine. Can't wait to see a deer now. 0-6 sits.
      So don't order from http://www.alaskabowhunting.com/Silv...heads-C58.aspx?

Comment

I'm not 100% on that. But 99.9% those are the Chinese made broadheads that are not the original german kinetics. Check out black widow fish/hunt supply online out of albama or someplace, I believe the guy's name is Andrew. The real deal and he had in stock couple weeks ago. If you can't find the site I'm talking about, I'll send you when I get home. They were at my house in 4 days. $75 bucks. Your, if he has in stock will be around 90 I'm guessing. Sorry, can't remember off top my head.

Comment

I order mine from a place in Florida. South Shope Archery Supply.

Comment

This is the place. Andrew took care of me. Both places sell the real deal. I believe it's on the german kinetic site as well under dealers. www.blackwidowoutdoors.com

Comment

German kinetics does not make the XXL 1 7/8" wide) head. GK only makes 1 1/8" and 1 1/2" wide. It's a long story but GK did make one run of the 1 7/8" and they were called DS. They were never sold comercially by GK.

ABS produced the XXL, and I don't know for sure, but I heard that they were not making them any more.

I have a few of the GK 1 7/8" heads and have shot a deer and several turkeys with them from my longbows. They fly just fine for me.

Bisch

Comment

they work good for me
                sorry to hear they are not for sale anymore

Comment

Working...
                X