No announcement yet.

Making Progress: getting work done in Coleman county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once the mesquites in the area where I am letting them grow begin to gain some size, I will hinge cut some. For now I am letting them grow freely to create more bedding area, and to thicken the area around my north protein feeder.

Comment

Check out some of the studies that Dale Rollins has done concerning quail, some good info to be had. Your place is looking great !

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
        Check out some of the studies that Dale Rollins has done concerning quail, some good info to be had. Your place is looking great !
        Dale Rollins came and spoke here about a month ago. Very informative!

Comment

Sippy, since your in the process. Question for you..

I have about the same amount of land to hunt, land owner is AG exempt now. Question is are their more benefits to wildlife exemptions then ag?? If so can ya fill me in.. I am managing property for him all ready.

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
            Sippy, since your in the process. Question for you..

I have about the same amount of land to hunt, land owner is AG exempt now. Question is are their more benefits to wildlife exemptions then ag?? If so can ya fill me in.. I am managing property for him all ready.

Any help would be appreciated on this.
            The benefits are the same, I am just going with wildlife because that is my main focus on the property. Cattle will be on the side and not constant.

Comment

Ah got ya thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by sippy View Post
                well.... Crap. What a deer.
                143 3/8"

Comment

This Thread has slipped too low...TT I am enjoying it. What project(s) are next on your agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
                    This Thread has slipped too low...TT I am enjoying it. What project(s) are next on your agenda?
                    I need to get our skid loader from my grandpa's place and do some tank and dam repair, but that sucker is a pain to haul!

Other than that I am waiting on fawns to drop and trying to bang away at the hogs until it is time to plant in September.

Non ranching/wildlife related we may start building a deck off the back of the house

Comment

That's more like it! Ha! How about some rain catches? Fun project.

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
                        That's more like it! Ha! How about some rain catches? Fun project.
                        What is rain?

Comment

You got me there!!! Well all it takes is a tank filler rain and your water storage device is full

Comment

Just get a water hose and drain the bayou!!
                            Wish I had the money, time and age I used to have, I'd be there in the middle of all that helping you out!!
                            Pigs were always hard for us, there used to be a buyer come to Coleman once a week,a large figure 6 trap is in order and puts money in your pocket, your out there enough to keep an eye on it!
                            Best of luck, Buddy!!
                            Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-26-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Put up another protein feeder on the east side of the property.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                                Just get a water hose and drain the bayou!!
                                Wish I had the money, time and age I used to have, I'd be there in the middle of all that helping you out!!
                                Pigs were always hard for us, there used to be a buyer come to Coleman once a week,a large figure 6 trap is in order and puts money in your pocket, your out there enough to keep an eye on it!
                                Best of luck, Buddy!!
                                Thank you!

Luckily there havent been any hogs in 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X