Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting in your Eco Boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lsmith View Post
    Come on colwell... U really want to hook up a half ton truck to 20,000 lbs???? It is the best motor out there in a half ton. It pulls a 21' bay boat better than my dads 3/4 ton with the Chevy 6.0 in it. And I've seen the 6.0 walk off from diesels loaded with 14,000 of hay behind them. If you don't have one then why are you even posting?
    Because you are threatening his manhood

Comment

Not threatened just wondering why someone who doesn't have one would talk trash about one....the guy asked for real world input... Not bs

Comment

Ok I only stated that it wouldn't pull like a diesel but was good at what it was designed for. As I see it, some other people have been mis-representing. No harm or bashing intended.

Comment

Originally posted by lsmith View Post
          Come on colwell... U really want to hook up a half ton truck to 20,000 lbs???? It is the best motor out there in a half ton. It pulls a 21' bay boat better than my dads 3/4 ton with the Chevy 6.0 in it. And I've seen the 6.0 walk off from diesels loaded with 14,000 of hay behind them. If you don't have one then why are you even posting?
          You sir, are going to cause an expensive action if you continue to speak that way.... You will convince me to go out and get one of these and at this point in time I cant really afford one!!!

Comment

So, as far as gas goes, anyone got some input between the big tundra and the ecco boost? Both 4 door and 4x4.... just wondering how they compare.

Comment

Originally posted by ddavis_1313 View Post
              So, as far as gas goes, anyone got some input between the big tundra and the ecco boost? Both 4 door and 4x4.... just wondering how they compare.
              I'm may get scolded here since I'm not allowed to post on this thread but I would pick the one that starts with "F" and ends with "D" for various reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
                I'm may get scolded here since I'm not allowed to post on this thread but I would pick the one that starts with "F" and ends with "D" for various reasons.
                Hmmm... interesting. I have a tacoma and its been the toughest truck ive ever seen. Ive put it places some wouldnt put an atv. 250,000 miles and its still here. I have some friends with the tundra and love em say they have great power, but fuel mileage sucks bad...

Comment

I bought a new Toyota back in the 90's and it was a piece. I've got a buddy that owns 2 Yotas (T100 and Tundra) and they've been great trucks. My dad drives Fords and seems to really like them. Fuel mileage is gonna be a little better with the Ecoboost and just like how the Ford looks and feels better than the Yota. Plus, Ford is an American company and Toyota is Japanese.

Comment

I have the tundra crewmax and get the same mileage as spoken above for the Eco, 18 hwy 16-17 city 13 towing my 26' trailer but at 70-80 mile an hour with no issues this is my second Toyota and before that I had two ford diesels. Towing mileage was better on the ford but Toyota power is great. J m2c

Comment

I've got a 2011 ram 3500 that gets 19 to 21 mpgs on the highway and 16 to 17 in town. Spend a few bucks on your diesel and keep it, especially if you tow anything heavy.

Comment

ecobeast

I have a 2011 FX 4 6.5 foot bed, bed cover, stock tires, 3.73 gearing.

I get between 17 to 19 mpg depending on how agressive I am with it. Haven't had it on the highway for any long trips. Still low mileage at less the 11K so I guess it could go to crap down the road.

I will say Ford's extended warranty is a pile of crap. I had and heard of others that found paint defects. I found two that were barely noticeable and later found the bottom of my grill was cracked. Ford took care of the paint defects but wouldn't comp the grill. I went ahead and had the emblems shaved off her and the stickers removed while in the body shop for spite.

I have some nasty little stickers I send in with every payment on the back of the envelope.

I don't like the mickey mouse little air deflecter gizmo under the engine ( owners manual reccommends you remove before off roading), don't like the fact there is no dip stick for the tranny, or like the wiring harnes external to the frame on the drivers side.

I didn't buy it to go plowing through the woods in 4 wheel drive ( I have an old Chevy 1 ton that does that pretty good). It works for what I bought it for and thus far no complaints. You stick your foot in it and its gone. Amazingly quite and handles like a sports car. Wasn't sure about the sissy step and grab bar in the tailgate. Guess I must be becoming a sissy or just getting old as its actually pretty handy.

I had hell dealing with the local ford folks to purchase and ended up buying mine from woodhouse ford in Blair, Nebraska and having it shipped to me.

You may give them a holler if not in a hurry as you will be shocked at how much you could save even after you pay shipping and registration / tax on this end.

Have not towed anything with it yet but my buddy pulled a trailer to his deer lease with his with a 4x4 crew cab chevy 1 ton on the trailer and tried to run 70 every chance he got and had no problems other than the mileage going to crap.

Comment

Originally posted by tribute06 View Post
                          I've got a 2011 ram 3500 that gets 19 to 21 mpgs on the highway and 16 to 17 in town. Spend a few bucks on your diesel and keep it, especially if you tow anything heavy.
                          That's what I got is a 2011. I thought about getting the delete kit and all that but the thing is I don't hardly pull anything anymore. I'm a sales rep and use my own truck for work and drive a bunch. I figure the f150 might be a lot easier to drive around and easier at the pumps

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTnTAIL View Post
                            That's what I got is a 2011. I thought about getting the delete kit and all that but the thing is I don't hardly pull anything anymore. I'm a sales rep and use my own truck for work and drive a bunch. I figure the f150 might be a lot easier to drive around and easier at the pumps
                            Here's something for you to think about, take the money your going to lose on the one you have, what it takes to get into a new one, the little you may gain by driving a gas and how many miles it would take to possibly even come out ahead. I would suggest you really think about it before you make a move you could possibly regret. Good luck on your decision!

Comment

if you decide to keep it definitely do the deletes. the truck is unreal without out all that crap on them. good luck with your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
                                Here's something for you to think about, take the money your going to lose on the one you have, what it takes to get into a new one, the little you may gain by driving a gas and how many miles it would take to possibly even come out ahead. I would suggest you really think about it before you make a move you could possibly regret. Good luck on your decision!
                                Thanks for the input. That's what I am thinking. It's not like I can't afford the diesel but I could be blowing the money on other things like guns and etc

Comment

Working...
                                X