No announcement yet.

ATA has second thoughts about Crossbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a crossbow have to be drawn in the presence of the animal hunted?....NO.
    That alone changes the game.

Its all about $.

Comment

The Stoof household does own one crossbow. But we also have 10 bows from a longbow, recurve, youth bows on up. I’ve never even considered taking the crossbow out into the field. It’s great to have around for the kids to shoot. Hoping to get my son on a pig or deer with it someday. But I still make him practice with his compound.

-------------------------------
      Violence never settles anything
      -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Mr. Bear if you only knew!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Crossbow

For attracting more peeps into hunting it's a good thing!for the record, have studies been conducted as to whether the deer killed with a crossbow were actually new hunters or was it just peeps that switched over from other manners of hunting

Grouping it to archery hunting season is ludicrous!

Fighting about whether it's hunting or traditional hunting is stupid!

Getting more people into hunting and collecting more Conservation money??

We need both sorely but they are to separate issues.

Lots of people out hiking and camping. They need to take a share of the burden as it relates to raising conservation money.

How to get more kids(peeps) involved in hunting??

Parents, get their little face from in front of the iPhone, iPad, computer and TV screen. Make them play outdoors, the Good Lord created an awesome play ground for us all.

That is all I got!
          Last edited by Pedernal; 08-08-2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Just a guess, but I think shooting that good with a crossbow is like shooting a MOA group with a rifle at 500yds

Not just anyone can pick up a rifle and go put three rounds in a MOA group at 500 and probably not everyone can pick up a crossbow and shoot a decent group at 100

Which leads to idiots that don't know any better (or even care) wounding more c
            ritters
            Same can be said of folks shooting compounds out to 50 and more yards

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
              I personally don't shoot a cross bow, but I say run what you brung. A lot of bowhunters crying and whining but at least it gets people in the woods.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
              X2

Comment

Landrover, thumbs up

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

And that's all I got to say about that!

Comment

I'm waiting on someone to say the AirBow is archery also.

Come on...its gets people in the woods and everyone gets a trophy! No practice, nothing. Lay on them crosshairs and go home a winner!
                    Its little league and we want NO ONE to go home disappointed.
                    There has to be rules. Losing made me try harder the next year. Because, whether you believe it or not...Not everyone has the same set of skills and some people are better at things than others. Simple fact. So lets technology even the score so everyone has the SAME outcome...a winner!
                    The ATA is talking about technology taking huge jumps and bounds the crossbow soon, will not be considered archery. Ravin Crossbows advertises" "Meet your next rifle". Tell me again that is archery.

Fred Bear, Ben Pearson and Howard Hill would have relieved themselves on crossbows. Archery is meant to be a hard and demanding sport that requires practice. Laying crosshairs on a target. Come on.

Please....you can get a Meme to say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
                      I personally don't shoot a cross bow, but I say run what you brung. A lot of bowhunters crying and whining but at least it gets people in the woods.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
                      The problem I see, its at the expense of bowhunting. Crossbows are killing the growth of bowhunting. And those calling crossbows bowhunting need to see a head doctor.

Landrover, Fred Bear would not approve of his picture being used to promote the use of crossbows for general use during archery season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        The problem I see, its at the expense of bowhunting. Crossbows are killing the growth of bowhunting. And those calling crossbows bowhunting need to see a head doctor.

Landrover, Fred Bear would not approve of his picture being used to promote the use of crossbows for general use during archery season.

Kind of my thoughts on how modern in-line ruined traditional black powder seasons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

I can guarantee you that Mr. Bear is looking down on us , thinking Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            I for one dont care what others choose to hunt with. as long as people are obeying laws and the deer populations are healthy why should we fight against each other and tell some people they cant hunt with what they want. crossbows have been around since before Christ just as vertical bows. Sure new crossbows are way ahead of the old bows, but so are compound bows. It is all archery no matter how you spin it. Lets embrace each other instead of bringing each other down.

Comment

Not drawing the bow in the presence of the animal, makes all the difference in the world.
                              Because if you have never been busted reaching for your bow. You just ain't been hunting enough.
                              Young, old, hurt, vets, the weak. OK...18-55 years old in good health. Draw a bow back.

Comment

I remember growing up believing a crossbow was only for poaching. Think about it they were illegal to hunt with so what would the regular Joe be doing with one.

Comment

Working...
                                X