Colonial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonial

I will be going to the Colonial FORT WORTH Invitational on Sunday. I have never been before or to any pro golf tournament. Any tips or suggestions? Where to park and what to bring?

Contrary to what others might say, you dont have to dress like a golfer to a golf tournament. Wear whatever your comfortable in, especially shoes, you will likely be walking a pretty good bit. Remember sun glasses and some sunscreen.

You can either follow a group of players you like around the whole course or post up somewhere where you can watch multiple places at once (these places generally have plenty of concessions around too). Have fun.

Comment

I park at Farrington Field and ride the bus. They drop you off at the gate.

I like to go to the par 3 13th or the par 3 16th. Both are entertaining areas.

Comment

There is a bunch of construction going on around Farrington Field. That lot is open but tournament organizers are recommending the alternative lot at 5200 Rockwood Lane and take the shuttle from there. I think parking is $20 - $15 if you buy online.

Comment

def bring comfy walking shoes - you're going to need them.

Hat/Sunglasses are a must

Sunscreen if you're fair skinned like I am

Leave the pocket knife in the car - trust me on that one

And like the other gentleman said - you dont have to dress like a golfer, just be comfortable and enjoy yourself!

Comment

Forget about the golf - the people watching is why you go.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
              Forget about the golf - the people watching is why you go.
              People is watching is usually top notch. A few years ago I was standing with my two sons -then teenagers - along a crowded rope near a green. We heard a girl say “would you mind if I squeeze in between you guys?” I stood back as a somewhat skimpily dressed Paulina Gretksky wedged herself between them to watch her boyfriend (DJ) putt. I thought those two boys were going to implode!

Comment

Once in the gate. Find a shady spot around a green facing into the breeze and close to a beverage center. Sit down and watch. Take your bino's for watching them little white balls better. And people too!

Jerp knows the parking situation!

Comment

See if you can get a pass into the 18th green clubhouse.

Comment

good info! Thanks

Comment

buy a bucket of beer forsure

Comment

Working...
                      X