Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be more timberland leases posted in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be more timberland leases posted in Texas?

All the sites I have checked have none available in Texas. Is it too early or too late to find one?

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
    All the sites I have checked have none available in Texas. Is it too early or too late to find one?

The best thing to do for that is contact the Timber Companies. Most know what they have to lease. Rather than wait for then to be posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will do

Comment

The timber companies in Polk County where I hunt are unloading land at an unprecedented pace. Most timber tracts being offered are road frontage tracts that are being offered "for higher and better use" that are attractive mostly to commercial or residential developers or affluent recreational land buyers. Selling price per acre are half again higher than remaining but more remote tracts.

As a result, east Texas hunting leases are shrinking in size and prices/ acre or per hunter are increasing in classic growing demand vs. shrinking supply.

Point is that if you find a good tract for lease be prepared to pay through the nose to secure it and keep the place.

Land that was leasing at $5 acre as late as 2012 now going for much more.

Comment

Campbell will be posting tracts probably in the next few weeks. I have heard a rumor about tracts being for sale but nothing has been confirmed to me by folks I know that work there and I have three tracts leased from them.

Comment

Ditto what Russ says.

We deal with Campbell and they normally post their stuff before now but they've been doing things differently lately.

Comment

Pickings are slim on all the sites I subscribe to.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                Campbell will be posting tracts probably in the next few weeks. I have heard a rumor about tracts being for sale but nothing has been confirmed to me by folks I know that work there and I have three tracts leased from them.
                Campbell is selling out and moving on.

Comment

Just sent an email to my contact at Campbell to see if he will give anything up. I checked their website and it is down so I am at a loss right now. I have three invoices pending with them right now.

Comment

Thanks russ

Comment

The Campbell leases have already come and gone for this year. There were several up for bid a few weeks ago

Comment

I would imagine that Campbell will have more leases come up- I would check every few weeks at least. I have seen tracts up for bid even after the deadline for paying the invoices. I heard back from my contact at Campbell. According to him investors are exploring the option to sell all of Campbell's Texas land but it shouldn't affect the hunting clubs like it did when Campbell bought the land from Temple. I would imagine if the do find someone to buy all the timberland in Texas I wouldn't think they would stop leasing- too much money made on it. They may change the pricing structure though. The pricing has gone up some over the years, as would be expected, but I am still paying way less than I would to lease hill country or south Texas land.

Comment

I would imagine that Campbell will have more leases come up- I would check every few weeks at least. I have seen tracts up for bid even after the deadline for paying the invoices. I heard back from my contact at Campbell. According to him investors are exploring the option to sell all of Campbell's Texas land but it shouldn't affect the hunting clubs like it did when Campbell bought the land from Temple. I would imagine if the do find someone to buy all the timberland in Texas I wouldn't think they would stop leasing- too much money made on it. They may change the pricing structure though. The pricing has gone up some over the years, as would be expected, but I am still paying way less than I would to lease hill country or south Texas land.
                          I know campbell had about 15 leases up a couple weeks ago, I was going to bid but lost track of time doing wedding stuff. I check almost daily, if I see something I will post on here for all.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                            I know campbell had about 15 leases up a couple weeks ago, I was going to bid but lost track of time doing wedding stuff. I check almost daily, if I see something I will post on here for all.
                            They also did a few in June last year..

Comment

Anyone have a number for Campbell or is it just email contact.

Comment

Working...
                              X