Survey cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
    IMO there is absolutely no way an RPLS is doing the research necessary to complete a survey in strict accordance with their state mandated practices for $500 unless it is in a new subdivision for which they have already done a lot of work. Those are some impressive quotes some of you have gotten.
    X2...

Have a surveyor here locally that is pretty notorious for always winning bids on the larger jobs, then also churning out lot surveys for lower than some of the prices listed above. They say they are able to do them cheaper because they have a catalog of 50 years of jobs, but that doesn't necessarily mean that their catalog is worth a darn.

I have plenty of funny stories about problems that we and other surveyors have run into following their work. Most recently a steel building being built off the property. All to save a couple of hundred dollars on a survey because our cost was too high.

Comment

Just curious. Several of you surveyors have responded that you get what you pay for. I totally get that. Why didn't you actual surveyors give the OP some more guidance as to what he should expect to pay. He said you can see all 4 corners, so that gives some indication of the amount of field work.

Help the guy out.

Comment

Selling my house and just paid $1200. It's a nice, open acre. Sounds like I might have overpaid...

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Just curious. Several of you surveyors have responded that you get what you pay for. I totally get that. Why didn't you actual surveyors give the OP some more guidance as to what he should expect to pay. He said you can see all 4 corners, so that gives some indication of the amount of field work.

Help the guy out.
          I guess I should have also noted, the thing about Texas is we are so large of a state everyone knows we have different climates, etc....well the same goes for surveying. A 5.5 acre survey in east Texas will have a different price than 5.5 acres in the hill country, vs. 5.5 in the panhandle, vs. 5.5 near the DFW metroplex. That doesn't even include the factor of how many surveyors are in the area that are competing, their schedules, etc.

My advice:
          OP (wow), see if you can find the original surveyor on the 5.5 acres. Depending on how old your survey is, they should be able to do it for as cheap of a price as anyone unless their schedule is too backed up for your timeline.

If you can't and have to bid it out, there will be other factors in pricing besides it being wide open. Is it 5.5 acres in a platted subdivision? Is this a transaction going through a title company or a lender? What is the sellers/buyers timeline?

My guess is if its just a "wide open" 5.5 acres out in the country, $800 give or take would be fair. If it has any structures on part of it, that price starts going up from there. If hes needing a replat, add $500 or more to that.

wow, feel free to shoot me a PM on any questions you have and I will be happy to help however I can.

**disclaimer**
          That above number is not an official bid by any means from me, thats an east Texas surveyor taking a WAG in a county I've never worked in over 250 miles away.

Someone mentioned Frank surveying, part of my family is originally from Columbus and I knew a gentleman that used to work there, and I've heard nothing but good things about those guys. But I had also gotten the impression they were oil/gas/large projects only.
          Last edited by Cardinal; 03-29-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Administrators, can we get this dude banned or at least have his moderators license withdrawn?

He wastes our time posting links that don't work. He is incompetent! Besides, he never comes to Bownanza anymore. He must be the world's worst moderator!

Oh, wait!!! He is now an administrator? He got promoted? Geez!!!

Now that I've had my prune juice and Metamucil, I realize I was experiencing symptoms from my chronic rectal-cranial syndrome when I decided to post this about the most amazing moderator/administrator on the entire interwebs. Please excuse me, Your Most Awesomeness Devin! I'm just a grumpy old fart!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Administrators, can we get this dude banned or at least have his moderators license withdrawn?

He wastes our time posting links that don't work. He is incompetent! Besides, he never comes to Bownanza anymore. He must be the world's worst moderator!

Oh, wait!!! He is now an administrator? He got promoted? Geez!!!

Now that I've had my prune juice and Metamucil, I realize I was experiencing symptoms from my chronic rectal-cranial syndrome when I decided to post this about the most amazing moderator/administrator on the entire interwebs. Please excuse me, Your Most Awesomeness Devin! I'm just a grumpy old fart!
              Your too sweet, Randal! Thank you!

Look who can go back and not only edit their post, but also others!
              Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Thank you for bringing me to my senses! My chemicals must have been out of balance, but a couple of extra Insures, and I can now see the light, oh great one!!!

Comment

Thanks to all. This is in a subdivision and I do have the original survey on file. Its in Jackson county.

Comment

Working...
                  X