No announcement yet.

How Much Is Enough / Too Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Super mag is more of a once in a while bow, not something that anyone with over about a 22" draw would find comfortable. Longer is generally easier to shoot. I have found that 62" is my magic number as I draw a shade over 29". I jumped ten pounds and then backed off three to five pounds within a short time. It caused problems with my string hand, mainly trigger finger, sore fingers, and a too quick of a release. My advice is for you to find a 44-46 pound bow that is 60-62" in length. Like Bisch said, 450 grain arrow weight is ideal but at that weight bow you can play within a range of 410- 490 grains until you find a good match that flies right.

Comment

That's what I thought, I know when I had a compound longer ata was easier to draw, I'll probably go with the Super Grizzly then and go 45 instead of going up to 50. I want to be consistent and ethical with my shots on game animals and targets. Thanks again for the advice

Comment

Talk about heavy. I wish i could find some good old school fiberglass target arrows for my recurve. I like the extra weight. By the way my patriots only weigh 100 grains matched with a beeman cut to 31 inches they will zip thru just about anything you want to hunt at 50# @ 28.

Comment

Working...
        X