QAD Ultra HDX Rest ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD Ultra HDX Rest ???

Looking at this rest for a new (well new to me) bow I just picked up. It's a Switchback that I will be shooting in the mid to low 50's and probably be shooting ACC's.
    Any pro's or con's on the rest??
    I am all about keeping it simple and wonder about springs and strings on this rest.
    Would like to shoot a Whisker Biscuit because of the simplicity and no moving parts, by I shoot helical vanes and wonder how these would get along with each other.
    Anyone???
    Thanks in advance!

I have that rest on my creed and have had zero issues with it.

Comment

It's the top cable driven rest out there for a reason. Easy to install and set up. Just follow the instructions if you do it yourself for have a knowledgable bow tech install it. Not tying it in deep enough to get it started to avoid fletching contact is a common mistake.

Comment

My bows at Smithfields getting one installed and some other stuff done. No bad reviews that I've seen and everyone I've talked to shooting with one likes it. I'll know Thursday when I can get loose and pickup my bow.

Comment

Get it. Only con, It's $100 and not more inexpensive. Like muddyfuzzy said, get a knowledgable tech to install it. I took my bow to a West Houston Archery and it was only $15 for installation and tuning time on their range. And they did a sweet job on setting the sucker up. I got tighter groups and whisper quiet!

Comment

awesome rest! its worth the money. i havent had any issues with it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
              Looking at this rest for a new (well new to me) bow I just picked up. It's a Switchback that I will be shooting in the mid to low 50's and probably be shooting ACC's.
              Any pro's or con's on the rest??
              I am all about keeping it simple and wonder about springs and strings on this rest.
              Would like to shoot a Whisker Biscuit because of the simplicity and no moving parts, by I shoot helical vanes and wonder how these would get along with each other.
              Anyone???
              Thanks in advance!
              Can't say anything negative about QAD or WB. Only two rests I sell, and sell lots of both.
              I shoot a WB myself, simply because of the simplicity, as you stated.
              I shoot a bunch of helical with my Blazers, and there is no issues.
              Trusting equipment is confidence, and I haven't developed enough trust in ANY fall-away rest to hunt with one yet.
              I shoot a QAD a lot, but have more confidence in the WB for my hunting bows.

Comment

Never had any issues out of mine...lightweight and cradles arrow on the draw or if you have to letdown. Absolutely silent.

Comment

Roper or Stan the Man will get ya fixed up and shooting in know time and you will not have a single problem out of it unless your like me and shoot atleast a few thousand arrows thru it and wear it out!!!! The BEST thing about wearing it out is they are guranteed for life and you send the old one in and get a brand new one in exchange!!!! HOW'S THAT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Comment

i've shot the limbdriver pro-v for the last few years, and, the original limbdriver before that. this past season, i bought the qad to see what the fuss was about. i'm assuming i had close to 1,000 arrows through it and had zero issues. easy to install, tune, etc. the only thing i would recommend is buying some replacement felt for the fork/arrow holder as multiple shots will require replacing it. sold rest IMO, and, i don't think you will have any issues. good luck !

Comment

oh and ask Rhonda,Roper or Stan if they participate in the QAD dealer exchnge program incase you have any problems with it. If they do they'll give you one off the shelf and take your old one and mail it off for ya.

Comment

A tad bit tougher to time the release for someone who's never done it before. Great rest. I switched to a Limbdriver Pro-V when I cut the cord on my QAD on accident and rendered the rest useless. The limbdriver you can just tie any string to it and still use it.

Comment

I'm probably on my sixth or seventh qad.

love it and never had an issue with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                            A tad bit tougher to time the release for someone who's never done it before. Great rest. I switched to a Limbdriver Pro-V when I cut the cord on my QAD on accident and rendered the rest useless. The limbdriver you can just tie any string to it and still use it.
                            what QAD did you have? you can change out the string on the QAD in that instance. There is a set screw on the rest where the string goes into it. I know people that change out the black string to match their strings and accessories on their bows.

Sorry to hijack

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                              what QAD did you have? you can change out the string on the QAD in that instance. There is a set screw on the rest where the string goes into it. I know people that change out the black string to match their strings and accessories on their bows.

Sorry to hijack
                              I'm talking about in the field where you don't have access to another set string. My problem was not having a string with a small enough diameter to go inside that insert.

Comment

Working...
                              X