6 pointers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 pointers?

We have several 2.5 and 3.5 6 pts running around ( nice and tall too ) question is, at what age do you know they will always be a 6? Thanks!

Ttt

Comment

if it was my place..i'd kill them..we kill 8 points if its a slick 8 no 4's trying to come up at all..and if its a 4 year old 9. its dead too. all depends on how hard you manage it

Comment

Whatever age they're at when you kill them is when you'll know that's all they'll ever be, I guess.

Comment

They are some good looking young deer too and I have always wanted a big six. If they stay sixes they will be some pretty cool racks IMO

Comment

A 3.5 yr 6 point should probably be shot.

Comment

never can tell what they'll end up being. Seen some that were 3.5 that ended up growing kickers and crab claws. Currently have 1 nobrow 6 that is 3.5 and going to leave him alone to see if he'll get into the 130s in 2 years.

Comment

Hard to say! depends on management practices!

Comment

Originally posted by jcso139 View Post
                  Hard to say! depends on management practices!
                  Personally 2.5 year old 6 gets killed unless there is some factor that makes him exceptional.

Comment

It all depends on your management plan, on several ranches that I guide on anything six points or less regardless of age dies. In the end, the choice is up to you.

Comment

If he's a six at 2.5 he's gettin' smoked on our place.

Comment

If they are 3 years old, take'em...it gives the kids something to shoot at!
                        Attached Files

Comment

if they are 3.5, I would shoot them.... I have a hard time shooting anything other than a spike that's 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                            They are some good looking young deer too and I have always wanted a big six. If they stay sixes they will be some pretty cool racks IMO
                            Ove rthe past 7-8 a years I have seen a couiple of big sixes that came off the Sabine National forest and they were absolute studs!

Comment

I would shoot just the 3.5's if they pass my AR's.

pepaw

Comment

Working...
                              X