Youth Hunt TPWD - MUSE WMA - Antlerless/Spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Hunt TPWD - MUSE WMA - Antlerless/Spike

My 8yo daughter got drawn for the Antlerless/Spike Hunt at Muse WMA October 27-28. This will be her first draw hunt to participate in.

Anybody else hunted there in the past and could let us know what to expect?

This WMA is just a few miles down the road from our lease so that makes it nice too.

Thanks!

My son did this hunt two years ago. Great staff. Awesome blinds. They had been putting corn out for about a week before we got there to start bringing in the deer. I put an extra bag of corn out the first day we got there. The first evening, he shot a nice doe. The next morning, he shot a 220 pound hog. It was a great hunt!

Comment

Congrats! Neither me nor my boys ever got picked for that place but it always has a high success rate.
      Should be good.

Comment

Thanks guys, we are really looking forward to this hunt. I applied for the adult hunt for 4-5 years and never drew a tag. Her first year to apply and she gets drawn.....

Appreciate any other advice/experience anyone has on this hunt/WMA.

Comment

Originally posted by DroptineDreamer View Post
          My son did this hunt two years ago. Great staff. Awesome blinds. They had been putting corn out for about a week before we got there to start bringing in the deer. I put an extra bag of corn out the first day we got there. The first evening, he shot a nice doe. The next morning, he shot a 220 pound hog. It was a great hunt!
          They also had a few skinning racks and I’m almost positive they had a walk-in cooler.

Comment

Working...
          X