Wondering what kind of legal trouble I would be in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering what kind of legal trouble I would be in

Watching Tucker Carlson showing video of liberal crazies attacking Trump supporters- physical attacks and folks kicking a car. Just wondering if I was that car owner and stepped out of the car with my legally licensed firearm in hand to protect my property would I be arrested while those that are doing actual damage to my personal property get a pass. Just wondering....

In most cases it just isn't a good idea to pull a gun to protect property. That's what insurance is for. It will be bad enough having to protect yourself if you use deadly force from a legal standpoint. I know someone who shot a guy stealing from him after dark in AR. He has a felony conviction to show for it.

Comment

With just having shoulder surgery I would think it’s a better option than punching someone.��

Comment

Banishing is a crime.

Our side is getting close to the breaking point. The next months will be a difficult at least. Their side will lose their minds trying to flip the house and senate.

And to answer your question it would be all about location. Huge difference between San Fransicko and Central Texas.......

Comment

Your question can be answered with a question.

Are you in fear of your life?

I interpret that to mean it is either him or me, but one of us ain’t going home alive

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Banishing is a crime.

Our side is getting close to the breaking point. The next months will be a difficult at least. Their side will lose their minds trying to flip the house and senate.

And to answer your question it would be all about location. Huge difference between San Fransicko and Central Texas.......

This for sure, heading headlong into some interesting times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It depends. We are no longer a nation of laws. Are you a Republican or Democrat?

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                Watching Tucker Carlson showing video of liberal crazies attacking Trump supporters- physical attacks and folks kicking a car. Just wondering if I was that car owner and stepped out of the car with my legally licensed firearm in hand to protect my property would I be arrested while those that are doing actual damage to my personal property get a pass. Just wondering....

I would not get out of my car but I would continue driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If they step in front of your car and you panic.....maybe no criminal charges but you can be sued in civil court and pay for that and hope some left leaning jury not of your peers thinks the poor person you hit needs compensation...sorry to say we all live in that world. It would be nice to have an old beater diesel with large wide flange I beams bumpers for that activity.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc"]South African Car Flamethrower - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                      In most cases it just isn't a good idea to pull a gun to protect property. That's what insurance is for. It will be bad enough having to protect yourself if you use deadly force from a legal standpoint. I know someone who shot a guy stealing from him after dark in AR. He has a felony conviction to show for it.
                      you didnt answer his question.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                        you didnt answer his question.

I’m thinking there’s a lot more to that story.

I don’t know Arkansas law on defense of property but Texas is darn sure pretty clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have my LTC so I am a Republican...Democrats don't even believe we should be able to own guns.... If I am being physically attacked by a mob then yes I would be in fear of my life. Not saying I would shoot someone for kicking a dent in the side of my car or knocking out a headlight...unless it is the insurance guy for not covering it...

Comment

I always thought if I am ever surrounded by a mob like the Dems my truck has just become my weapon and I'm not stopping in fear of my life.

Comment

Ridiculous that they expect a victim to stay put and cower until the physical threat is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X