No announcement yet.

Seriously, what is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The liberals are now pushing gun control to divide the right. This new bill is going to fragment the conservative vote, or at least keep voters home on election day. The school shootings are the perfect anti-gun platform liberals could ever hope to have. This is why the left is fighting so hard to keep the schools from arming the teachers and staff. Arm the teachers and staff you'll stop the school shootings, and stop the current anti-gun platform.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
      Let me re-phrase so it makes it easier to understand my position. I want to preserve our 2nd amendment rights. I do not believe every regulation, such as the one here which apparently even the NRA supports, infringes upon those rights. Every law and regulation has the potential to be abused - including those involving our constitutional rights. We don't fight everyone of them. We fight to make sure they are fairly established and enforced.
      Let me help you.

Mike,
      He doesnt understand what a "right" is.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Let me help you.

Mike,
        He doesnt understand what a "right" is.
        It may be worth re-visiting what a right is. Especially as it relates to that proposed and referenced in the original post. What is being described does not infringe on your 2nd amendment rights. Nor is it a violation simply because you fear it could be used unfairly against you or others. That doesn't mean you don't have the right to oppose nor I to support, which given the NRA's apparent support, I see no reason to oppose it.

Comment

Then you're blind in one eye and can't see out the other...
          This gubment of ours is WAY WAY too BIG. Giving it ANY additional power over individuals for ANY purpose is asinine and crazy.

Comment

It may be worth re-visiting what a right is. Especially as it relates to that proposed and referenced in the original post. What is being described does not infringe on your 2nd amendment rights. Nor is it a violation simply because you fear it could be used unfairly against you or others. That doesn't mean you don't have the right to oppose nor I to support, which given the NRA's apparent support, I see no reason to oppose it.
            The only thing I can say about your post is, you just proved that systemnt's statement was spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              The only thing I can say about your post is, you just proved that systemnt's statement was spot on!
              Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                The income tax has gone crazy, you can see how off the tracks it has gone.
                You must have started paying taxes in the Bush senior years (some of the lowest in history) to believe that. Federal income taxes since Regan have been significantly lower than nearly every year beforehand (with the exception of the first 4 years after the amendment passed, and 7 years during the coolidge and hoover admins).

https://files.taxfoundation.org/lega...ry_nominal.pdf

Take a look at the early 50s. You paid 22% straight out the gate from the 1st dollar you made. And the top tax rate was 91%!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                  Or vice-versa when a husband is trying to strip his ex-wife of the ability to defend herself.
                  Haha you never know with Liberals some of those guys are scared to even look at a gun

Comment

Listen. They can take your kids with a court order and no charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                      Yep, valid point

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

You are right. There was a case some years back where the parents had taken photos of the kids playing in the bubble bath. Like 2 years old. The Walmart they took the film to for developing reported it to CPS. Kids were taken for a long time and they got registered as sex offenders. In Texas Im pretty sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          You are right. There was a case some years back where the parents had taken photos of the kids playing in the bubble bath. Like 2 years old. The Walmart they took the film to for developing reported it to CPS. Kids were taken for a long time and they got registered as sex offenders. In Texas Im pretty sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          It was Arizona I believe but pretty much how it went down circumstance wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

They as in no one will ever take my guns.....

What do you want to bet that there are folks that believe that that very statement qualifies me as being unfit to own fire arms

Comment

Shall not be infringed is pretty **** clear to me. We collectively have given up a ton of our rights already by capitulating just as you are suggesting.

No one more inch as far as I’m concerned.

And this wouldn’t be the first time the NRA has sold gun owners down the river either. Just because they support it doesn’t make it a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Exactly I've never sent a dime to the NRA, want to know why? They are a lobbying group/organization they will do what they see fit to keep the money flowing in. Gun owners be ****ed. They pass themselves off as our last hope, and have done a decent job. But in my eyes they are equal to a labor union for gun owners. They preach about all the good they do as long as they are collecting dues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X