Montague County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montague County

Anyone hunting in Montague Co.? How are game cameras looking. Last year was very slim pickings for me up there.

Lots of pigs and does...several young bucks around but we typically don't see mature deer until the rut starts to kick in...they usually hang around till late spring then disappear.

Skinny

Comment

Not Montague but just south of you. I think we had a huge fawn crop, and turkey crop. everything really hitting the feeders at least for now. Nothing legal on camera but a spike so far.

Comment

Skinny I am south of Forestburg and only seeing a few hogs and does, nothing substantial in the buck category.

Comment

Originally posted by JTC View Post
          Skinny I am south of Forestburg and only seeing a few hogs and does, nothing substantial in the buck category.

My Dad's place is near Rosston...he's got a bachelor group of bucks there. Prolly 7-8 bucks. All 3.5 and younger. Lots of pigs and a handful of does that are regulars. Acorns will be dropping soon and that'll more than likely reduce feeder activity.

Skinny

Comment

My parents live on seldom seen rd south of forestburg. They usually have a few good ones come threw. Last week my dad had some people spot lighting and shooting in his pastures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J_Riley View Post
              My parents live on seldom seen rd south of forestburg. They usually have a few good ones come threw. Last week my dad had some people spot lighting and shooting in his pastures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small world. Lol

Skinny

Comment

I'm in sunset just south of Bowie. Got two good bucks on camera one about 20inch wife r so other just a good deer. No pigs yet does r smashing my feeders but like skinny said acorns will be dropping soon.

Comment

We are covered up with acorns, thus little or no feeder activity. When will the deer return to the feeders? Does it take a hard freeze to push them back to feeders? Also does anyone use cottonseed? In what form? cake, cube or meal?

Comment

I put out rice bran. Deer love it on my place and 50 pound bag is only 12.50

Comment

We have some nice deer but nothing on the hit list yet.

Comment

Hey neighbors!!

Our place is about a mile from New Harp.

Comment

I am south of Forestburg about 2 miles.

Comment

Where do you buy rice bran?

Comment

Russel feed in Decatur. Trevor naibors will hook u up

Comment

Working...
                              X