• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

Comment

confiscation

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
      What makes you think confiscation wouldn't happen? It already has, ask the people in New Orleans if they got their guns back after Katrina.

Also, if you think they can't find a few guys in LE or the military to follow orders, and round up some guns, I think you must be smoking something besides Camels. And what do you think would happen the first or second time that some bubbas decided out to shoot it out with the military or LE for trying to confiscate their guns? Do you really think there would be a mass exodus from the military and LE, or would they tend to band together since, some hillbillys tried to stop them from doing a "lawful" order.

The police shot and killed a 61 year old guy the other day that someone had called in a red flag warning. They were there to take his guns, seems like confiscation to me. He might have been crazy, but if his guns were bought legally then there should be some due process for taking rights away from citizens, not just because someone called and said that a person was nuts.

Yeah, probably will never happen here, except Gregg Abbot and the NRA have asked the Texas house and Senate to look into those laws
      I agree there should be some due process to disarm people that pose a legitimate threat.

They might get a few, but once word gets out they are going door to door, then the rest will be ready. Not saying the ones that would fight it will be successful at first. I myself would die trying though, and I know many others that feel the same. The government knows this, thats why I dont think there will ever be an attempt.
      I just dont think Americans as a whole (citizens, military, Law enforcement, and government) are willing to allow the bloodshed that would result in a physical attack on the second amendment. It wouldnt be just a few "bubbas and hillbillys" trying to stop this. It would be whole communities, families, regular guys like you and I, militias, ect...

In this day and age, I believe every gun owner should ask themselves, what would I do if the day came where there was an attempt to confiscate firearms.

I know what I would do. I know what my wife, and my teenage sons would do.

What would you do?

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
        Who's going to enforce these new laws? I think we have to many Bubba's here that are in the service, that wouldn't do it for nothing. Getting another country to do it or the UN? Naaaa Blue helmets make good targets.

If these pass it'll take years to gather all the weapons up.

Have you not paid attention to what happens in California, New York, Massachusetts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Terrible bill.

Comment

Bundy had a hell of a stand off and that was just several folks.

I don't even want to think about or romanticize about us standing in arms against the gov't but there's still red blooded Americans that will.

50 years on things changing is probably about right. Millennials are having fewer kids but as a whole they don't want the 2a. Their kids and their kid's kids will support the demise of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
              Who's going to enforce these new laws? I think we have to many Bubba's here that are in the service, that wouldn't do it for nothing. Getting another country to do it or the UN? Naaaa Blue helmets make good targets.

If these pass it'll take years to gather all the weapons up.
              The same people who kicks doors currently will continue to do so until it gets too dangerous to do so.

Maybe once their job gets more dangerous than the garbage mans then they will reconsider.

Dont think they wont, "they are just doing their jobs".

We have to make sure this bill goes nowhere, that's our job.

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                I agree there should be some due process to disarm people that pose a legitimate threat.

They might get a few, but once word gets out they are going door to door, then the rest will be ready. Not saying the ones that would fight it will be successful at first. I myself would die trying though, and I know many others that feel the same. The government knows this, thats why I dont think there will ever be an attempt.
                I just dont think Americans as a whole (citizens, military, Law enforcement, and government) are willing to allow the bloodshed that would result in a physical attack on the second amendment. It wouldnt be just a few "bubbas and hillbillys" trying to stop this. It would be whole communities, families, regular guys like you and I, militias, ect...

In this day and age, I believe every gun owner should ask themselves, what would I do if the day came where there was an attempt to confiscate firearms.

I know what I would do. I know what my wife, and my teenage sons would do.

What would you do?

I think after the first people died and the populace saw that the govt was serious about taking their guns the rest would hand them over. The problem is that the civilian population really cannot stand up against the military for sure or in reality even local law enforcement. Look at the militarization of city and county police forces around the nation. They have full auto rifles, teargas, grenades, MRAP vehicles, body armor, etc. I know some states were trying to make it illegal for civilians to buy body armor, but i don't know if that went anywhere. General population wouldn't have a chance and the more resistance shown, the more liberties would be taken, once again, in the name of public safety. And don't forget about half the population already thinks guns are the root of all evil.

As to the question of what would I do, well I can't say for certain. I could thump my chest and say that i would fight to my last breath to keep my guns but, I do like to breath. Add in the fact that many guns will be confiscated piecemeal, in the name of public safety, like is happening now, I am not sure there will ever be a large armed resistance, and i dang sure ain't looking to be a martyr on my own. Everyone will need to look to someone else for a martyr. There is some brutal honesty, no internet bravado, and probably if other people are honest they would end up in the not 100% certain state as well.

Anyone who says with certitude that they would fight to their last breath for the right of the people to keep their guns, I would have to ask, where were they during Katrina, and why aren't they out there fighting to stop the confiscations going on now? Could it be a little of that internet bravado?

Comment

My fork makes me fat!

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                    That's a hard nope.

But why do you predict that?

Just let the Dems get complete control and see what happens

I doubt it will all happen at once but little chips here and there

Not what I want and hopefully I am wrong

Comment

I recently came across a couple of articles that are starting to push that nonsense. Bunch of daisy sniffing, participation trophy wielding powder puffs. They can't accept others disagreeing with their world view (the illogical reasoning behind it is just too difficult for them to see) so they stay taking about breaking up a country. Loyalty to self and ideals. That should be the new party slogan.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                        I recently came across a couple of articles that are starting to push that nonsense. Bunch of daisy sniffing, participation trophy wielding powder puffs. They can't accept others disagreeing with their world view (the illogical reasoning behind it is just too difficult for them to see) so they stay taking about breaking up a country. Loyalty to self and ideals. That should be the new party slogan.

Tolerance is preached...as long as you agree with them
                        Keep Texas Red...simple. Work on the youth and uninformed.

Illegitimus non carborundum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                          I’m so tired of the “Don’t Worry Crowd”.....folks it is an infringement of o e of our constitutional rights......As a matter of fact on the only one that explicitly states that it shall not be infringed upon. Liberals and liberal leaning republicans will only start with this one. Once a nation is disarmed or significantly handicapped (which is what this would do) they can bgon to pick and choose what rights they take next.

Wake up folks if we want to continue to live in “Democracy” we have to engage our Senators and representatives.
                          Exactly it is exactly why the Liberals are winning just a little bit at a time every year.

Comment

Leadership on this would be to propose solutions to the problems we are facing.
                            If we bow up, draw a line in the sand, fold our arms, and scowl, it's not going to stop.
                            This bill is a big problem.
                            "Gut the entire firearms industry" is a major overstatement.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              Leadership on this would be to propose solutions to the problems we are facing.
                              If we bow up, draw a line in the sand, fold our arms, and scowl, it's not going to stop.
                              This bill is a big problem.
                              "Gut the entire firearms industry" is a major overstatement.
                              Leadership is to say hell no not one more inch. Every time we give them an inch they come back and want to more inches because it did not solve the problem.

The only way to stop this is to draw a line in the sand and refused to budge.

Were you around for the 1994 assault weapons ban? After they got that they kept coming back for more and more and more restrictive gun legislation.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                                Leadership
                                I have a silly question. Since you seem to be okay with infringement of our 2nd Amendment rights. So I take it by your statement, a little bit of gun control is okay and we should compromise? Is that correct?

So I suppose in your view, a little bit of racism is okay? A little bit of racial profiling is fine?

How about a little bit of sexism in the workplace?
                                A Little bit of discrimination based on the sex of the individual?

The fact that we don't tolerate a little bit of any of those and that's okay, it's acceptable, should lead us to the conclusion that we will not tolerate a little bit of infringement of our 2nd Amendment rights.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X