Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money! Congrats Todd.

Comment

Doesn't look like the board picture showed up. CAT is an awesome club. If anybody wants to become a better crappie fisherman there's no better way to start!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats
        We put out 12 new brush piles on Bob Sandlin Then came home to LOP and caught a quick mess before dark
        Click image for larger version

Name:	E3E521EF-37E6-423A-B573-7BC7617291E1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	24576701

Name:	AFF3A0A7-6089-4E8E-8ABA-99D8D586EBDA.jpeg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	24576702

Name:	134FD827-DE5B-4F85-9EA2-11C415B57487.jpeg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	24576703

Comment

Sunday afternoon was about as good as it gets.
          Not too cold, not too hot just a great spring day in East Texas.
          We finished the last of 18 brush piles then hammered the fish on standing timber.
          Had our limits in about 4 hours.
          Most of them came from 25' of water suspended about half way down.

Name:	IMG_3087.jpg
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	24576746

Name:	IMG_3088.jpg
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	24576747

Name:	IMG_3089.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	24576748

Comment

What Garmin units are yall using?

Trying to figure out a combo of two units (Console and TM) and a live scope that won't break the bank.

Comment

Great job Buff. Was on RC for 10 days it was tough lots of small males shallow couldn't find to many females. Weather was a big factor.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                What Garmin units are yall using?

Trying to figure out a combo of two units (Console and TM) and a live scope that won't break the bank.
                I use humminbird Mega on the console and front linked to my trolling motor.
                I have a 1042 garmin on a pole ducer on the front as well

Comment

Fished Sandlin a couple hours Saturday afternoon/evening. Caught a few small ones, 4 keepers, and about 10 sandies. 10ft down in about 25ft water. When the sun went down, sat under 21 bridge for about 30 minutes without a bite.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Great job Buff. Was on RC for 10 days it was tough lots of small males shallow couldn't find to many females. Weather was a big factor.

I just can't seem to catch them shallow and have wasted a lot of hours trying.
                    I do very well in deep water

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      Fished Sandlin a couple hours Saturday afternoon/evening. Caught a few small ones, 4 keepers, and about 10 sandies. 10ft down in about 25ft water. When the sun went down, sat under 21 bridge for about 30 minutes without a bite.
                      We fished a little under the 21 bridge Saturday morning.
                      Caught 6 or 8 crappie but the Sandbass were like a pack of wolves .
                      They would swam through and hammer our jigs then be gone . 5 minutes later they would pass through again.
                      Fun to catch but I don't like eating them.

Name:	IMG_3066.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	24576791

Comment

Does anybody have some info for crappie fishing on Lake Limestone? Not too may posts about it on this site; so I'm assuming either not many people fish it, or it's a real hush-hush lake.

I'm not new to crappie fishing in general; I grew up fishing Rayburn and Toledo bend but we mostly fished hydrilla flats. I am however, fairly new to the brush pile and timber fishing that I'm assuming Lake Limestone mostly has to offer.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          I just can't seem to catch them shallow and have wasted a lot of hours trying.
                          I do very well in deep water
                          I heard that, I will go up to a creek that looks beautiful nothing then go in a dug out and kill um makes no sense.

Comment

We were able to fill the ice chest on Saturday for a fish fry. Felt good to be out on the water chasing them again[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
                              Does anybody have some info for crappie fishing on Lake Limestone? Not too may posts about it on this site; so I'm assuming either not many people fish it, or it's a real hush-hush lake.

I'm not new to crappie fishing in general; I grew up fishing Rayburn and Toledo bend but we mostly fished hydrilla flats. I am however, fairly new to the brush pile and timber fishing that I'm assuming Lake Limestone mostly has to offer.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
                              We used to fish Limestone a lot growing up and always targeted the timber on the west side past the powerlines headed towards the dam. We used to do pretty well considering we had no electronics

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                                We were able to fill the ice chest on Saturday for a fish fry. Felt good to be out on the water chasing them again[emoji41]

Nice mess, congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X