Rangefinder Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinder Question

I am trying to decide on which rangefinder to purchase, but I'm seeing that certain models are better for rifle hunts and certain models are better for bow. I bow hunt and my wife is starting to rifle hunt. In your experience, is there and all around rangefinder that is appropriate for both?

I have had a Nikon Archers Choice rangefinder for a couple of years now and it hasn't let me down. The Archers Choice models would fill your needs as a bow hunter with the built in angle compensation. Unfortunately because it is more of an archery rangefinder the farthest I have been able to get it to read is 220 yards on a feeder. I believe Leopold makes a few models that have built in angle compensation which would be a perfect rangefinder for your needs and your wifes.

Comment

I have an older bushnell ARC 1000 that I use for both. I have ranged elk, deer and varmints out to 600 and steel targets to 800 even a F-15 out at just over 1000 yards

It has different modes for what you are doing and has the angle compensation as well.

Comment

I use the leupold rx1000 tbr. It will do it all and is my favorite. I have also had bushnell and Nikon. Prefer the leupold. I use a Leica some but it doesn't have an angle compensation. I like the vortex rangefinder and bought my nephew one. Still prefer the leupold.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
          I use the leupold rx1000 tbr. It will do it all and is my favorite. I have also had bushnell and Nikon. Prefer the leupold. I use a Leica some but it doesn't have an angle compensation. I like the vortex rangefinder and bought my nephew one. Still prefer the leupold.
          Yep and what I use...

Comment

Yep, same here.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyAg97 View Post
              Yep, same here.
              same here too. Wife and I each have the 1000TBR

Comment

Alright, so the Leupold seems to be the favorite. What's the longest range anyone has picked up on it?

Comment

I've never stretched mine out to a 1000yds but have gotten 750yd before just playing around in treestand. Didn't have anything further to range.

Comment

My Leica is amazing...I use it for bow hunting mostly, but have ranged distances up to 1100 yards in Colorado...

Comment

I have a Bushnell Arc 1600, it can range well out to 900 yards, it also has a bow mode. Downside is it is a bit big for bow hunting, but does work really well for both.

Comment

Originally posted by egress81 View Post
                        I have an older bushnell ARC 1000 that I use for both. I have ranged elk, deer and varmints out to 600 and steel targets to 800 even a F-15 out at just over 1000 yards

It has different modes for what you are doing and has the angle compensation as well.

I bet that sent off some type of cockpit alarm

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post

I bet that sent off some type of cockpit alarm
                          more then likely not, but if it did he had enough going on as he landed and had a landing gear collapse so I am sure didn't even notice it!

Comment

^^^this. And the reticle and readout is red in color which makes it super easy to see and has adjustable brightness. 900 yards is the farthest I've been able to get a reading on an animal

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                              My Leica is amazing...I use it for bow hunting mostly, but have ranged distances up to 1100 yards in Colorado...
                              Yep me too. Love my Leica CRF 1000

Comment

Working...
                              X