No announcement yet.

Arrow build help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try twisting the arrow before pulling. Seems to break some sort of seal created by he friction when it enters

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
      Try twisting the arrow before pulling. Seems to break some sort of seal created by he friction when it enters

I just tried that lol. Still came off. I just ordered a dozen more of the stainless halfouts. I think this time I will install the inserts myself. I imagine the bow shop that did it didn't clean them well before installing.

Comment

Well sure enough I pulled the inserts out today and ran a qtip up in the shaft with a little alcohol. Shafts were completely black. Either from the cuttin or the factory. Either way they weren't cleaned out b4 the insert were installed. So lesson of the day is if you want something some right do it yourself. So I ordered some new halfouts to replace the ones in the target I can't get out and ordered some Bohning low temp hot melt. I'm thinking this will solve the loosing inserts problem....I hope.

Comment

One of the small things I do to build a quality arrow for my customers.......

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
            One of the small things I do to build a quality arrow for my customers.......
            The only way to do it! Went through many a boxes of Q tips when I had my shop, even with the aluminum shafts.

Comment

That's exactly what mine looked like but worse. No wonder the glue didn't bond. This may be a little overboard but would it help also to sand the inserts just enough to score them a little before install?

Comment

Yep I use lots of q tips one side per arrow then the other side just to make sure it's clean

Comment

I just blow them out and go. I don't keep my arrows long enough. Haha

Comment

I never sanded inserts, all I did was to dip them in Isopropyl alcohol and then burned that off in a burner and then put the hot melt on (if that is what i was using) or let them cool and used epoxy depending on what I was putting them in and what the customer wanted. never had a problem with a customer coming back with inserts pulling out in a target doing it this way.

Comment

Thanks you sir.

Comment

Thanks again for y'all's help. The arrow building thing is new to me but I'm really enjoying the DIY side of it.

Comment

Try rubbing hunting scent free bar soap on the arrow shafts before shooting into target. It helps keep the scent off your arrows also. I use it when shooting foam targets all the time. Won't do much for the inserts pulling out But makes the shafts pull easier more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X