Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee injections - platelet rich plasma

Anyone ever had PRP knee injections?

I just had knee surgery (torn meniscus and cartilage) and my doc says that PRP injections are probably the best course of action to repair cartilage and bone on bone contact. Thanks for any input!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Following......who is your doctor if you dont mind saying.

Comment

Unc do some research on the efficacy of PRP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My son had it done in his knee after ACL surgery. He is allergic to steroids, so they couldn’t do direct steroid injections. Made a world of difference. Done by a Walt Lowe.

Comment

Been researching and have seen studies (mostly good) but want some real world input.

My doc is Dr William McGarvey. He works out of Memorial Hermann Katy. He has operated on three in my family and all have turned out great.

Comment

We had this done on Riley's barrel horse. Nothing else was working and she is almost back to being 100%

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              Been researching and have seen studies (mostly good) but want some real world input.

My doc is Dr William McGarvey. He works out of Memorial Hermann Katy. He has operated on three in my family and all have turned out great.

I knew McGarvey was a great foot dr but didnt know he did knees as well. Im interested but my doctor is telling me no about them being a viable option. Or at least the last time I visited with him a couple years ago. Hopefully you can get some great real world experience from TBH.

Comment

I have had rooster comb injections in both knees. It did not help me much. Torn meniscus in each knee and ACL reconstruction, are the ailments. Is that the same ?
                I am on the edge of knee replacement so I tried it.

Comment

I have had Euflexa in both knees a few years back. series of 3 injections a week apart in each knee. Good for about a year. Need new knees, but not about to do anymore surgery for a couple of years.

Comment

Had ACL and meniscus replacement done on knee I tore up skiing in Jan of last year. Did the injections afterward and could tell a little bit of improvement but not a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife had successful micro fracture surgery on her knee to regenerate cartilage about 12 years ago.

She's always been an aerobics, then Jazzercise, workout warrior.

6 months after the surgery, she was back to normal, and has been going strong ever since.

Still doing the Jazzercise 3 - 4 times a week with no problems at age 57.

Comment

We do the injections at the hospital

Don't see the results but can try and get a success rate from the docs that do them if you want

Comment

Did me no good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one. Hurt like hell. Felt worse than when I tore it up. Never went back.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                            The Euflexa injections helped a lot though.
                            Last edited by DRT; 02-12-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

These PRP injections will not "heal" you. If you have arthristis, ligament or cartilidge damage. They won't do any good. The other injections, synvisc, euflexa, gelone will help with additional lubrication or cushion in your knee.

Comment

Working...
                              X