• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome pics!

Comment

Thanks for the kudos everyone.

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
      These are great!! They make my feeble attempts at hummingbird shots look pretty sad. lol
      Thanks. I think yours are fine. Need to set up opportunities for these kind of shots. All the plants shown except for the Turk's Cap are in pots on my patio. I hide a little and get far enough away for the lens to be able to focus.

Comment

Great shots, you never disappoint with your bird pictures.

Are you using remote flashes to brighten them up? I made a pathetic attempt at getting some pics of all the hummers we had this year, that’s when I realized I needed a couple flashes set up to get the right lighting to make them really show their colors.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          Great shots, you never disappoint with your bird pictures.

Are you using remote flashes to brighten them up? I made a pathetic attempt at getting some pics of all the hummers we had this year, that’s when I realized I needed a couple flashes set up to get the right lighting to make them really show their colors.
          Thanks for your comments.

No I don't use flash. That has never appealed to me when shooting birds honestly. I don't care for what it does to the eye of the bird. For me it's more a matter of what settings to use under what conditions. Keep at it and you'll get it.

If you have an EXIF extension for you browser you can see many of the settings for each shot. You can look further if you go to billmorris.smugmug.com under Browse. All the settings are shown by clicking the info button on the bottom right of each pic.

Comment

What lens?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
              Thanks for your comments.

No I don't use flash. That has never appealed to me when shooting birds honestly. I don't care for what it does to the eye of the bird. For me it's more a matter of what settings to use under what conditions. Keep at it and you'll get it.

If you have an EXIF extension for you browser you can see many of the settings for each shot. You can look further if you go to billmorris.smugmug.com under Browse. All the settings are shown by clicking the info button on the bottom right of each pic.
              Thanks for the tip on the picture data, I’ll take a look.

Comment

Wonderful photos. Gods creations are amazing.

Comment

Beautiful pics

Comment

Nice shots. I've never have stuck one yet. It takes me Two boxes of shotgun shells just to make a pie. Tasty but is it really worth it? IDK??

Comment

Thanks for these additional comments. Missed them somehow.

Comment

Amazing pics! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice pics!

Comment

great pics.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X