THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
    Bowhunter that is the state park dates u are looking at the other public land is twin buttes city owned property the state park takes a 48.00 permit and yes does not open till 15th
    Where do I find info about twin buttes city property? Do you have a web site or something?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter08 View Post
      Where do I find info about twin buttes city property? Do you have a web site or something?
      Your ON IT right now basically. Since info about TBR is practically non-existant.

BTW.....add another doe to my season tick count

Comment

I went out in the back corner of area 4 opening weekend and thought it was a good spot till all the sheep came on and ate all of my corn didn't see any deer that I could legally shoot at. Maybe next days off

Comment

Originally posted by kermittxhunter View Post
          I went out in the back corner of area 4 opening weekend and thought it was a good spot till all the sheep came on and ate all of my corn didn't see any deer that I could legally shoot at. Maybe next days off
          Sheep? Thats new. may have gotten off someones place should be only a handful of cows out there usually.

Comment

sanangelobowman??? Looking at the maps on TBR where can you hunt, not familiar at all with TBR went down there yesterday not much lake left... Can you point me in a spot to start on how to get into the units... I came in off of 67 from Mertzon... and am trying to figure from there where to go... Ive got 4x4 and don't care about scratches got a 4wheeler if needed to access some good points, any help or information to get setup out there would be much appreciated... Thanks mrpage25

Comment

mrpage, You asked me about access points on the SASP thread but thought it would be more beneficial to put it here.

This link is a map of the proposed fences and gates going to place at TBR. On this map there is a legend at the bottom left portion in the map. To be able to visably see the access points you will need to zoom in quite a bit to see the point of access/proposed new gate legends.
              This map varies slightly to the older map I sent you yesterday. There is land on the south side of hwy 67 South near the 12 mile bridge across from Unit V. I have seen hunters in that area resently and I did not realize it was a legal hunting Unit.
              SABowman, do you know what land I am speaking of? If so, is it part of the TBR hunting land? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by TXHORNZ View Post
                mrpage, You asked me about access points on the SASP thread but thought it would be more beneficial to put it here.

This link is a map of the proposed fences and gates going to place at TBR. On this map there is a legend at the bottom left portion in the map. To be able to visably see the access points you will need to zoom in quite a bit to see the point of access/proposed new gate legends.
                This map varies slightly to the older map I sent you yesterday. There is land on the south side of hwy 67 South near the 12 mile bridge across from Unit V. I have seen hunters in that area resently and I did not realize it was a legal hunting Unit.
                SABowman, do you know what land I am speaking of? If so, is it part of the TBR hunting land? Thx
                YES it IS legal hunting spot on the SOUTH side of river. Ive seen Javelina and hog in there years past and there are some really deep dry river banks down there. The unit actually boarder the 12 Mile ranch (mr. Schillers place) and there is water that holds up in the bottom of river that is under 12 Mile and the Train bridge. The river that runs just south and behind 12 MR usually sees a bunch of deer (yes currently) heading to his feeders. Its all low fenced. find crossover spots coming out of dry riverbed and just wait. Good luck.

Comment

I figured they were a ranchers so I didn't shoot one but it was tempting. If your heading towards san Angelo on 67 past the road going to the boys ranch you'll see a couple trailer houses on the right side I was on the other side of the river bed from there took a little while to get back in there but it looked like a really good spot till the sheep showed up. Im actually out in area four right now. Trying my luck maybe today will be better than yesterday I spent most of yesterday afternoon high centered in a washout in area three.

Comment

SAbowman- So you park close to the walk over area by 12 mile bridge, can you hunt on the south fence area? Any help would be great, don't mind hiking in or out either...On the map is there an area on the north side of 67?

Comment

You ever had those moments when you know you screwed up and there is nothing you can do about it? I did at 7:25 last night. I sat out there all day and saw nothing but cows with about 20 minutes of shooting light remaining I saw a raccoon sneak out of the bushes in front of me and was thinking of shooting it when I heard a twig snap behind me instinctively my head snapped in that direction there stood 7 does all looking Right at me unsure what to do I very slowly started to turn around arrow knocked release on they stood staring at me 23 yards away and as soon as I started to draw the bow one let out a cough sound and they all bolted back into the trees. I'm glad to finally see some deer that came into bow range they were big healthy does I just goofed up not paying attention to my down wind side. next time i get days off I'll be back up there trying it again.

Comment

Originally posted by kermittxhunter View Post
                        You ever had those moments when you know you screwed up and there is nothing you can do about it? I did at 7:25 last night. I sat out there all day and saw nothing but cows with about 20 minutes of shooting light remaining I saw a raccoon sneak out of the bushes in front of me and was thinking of shooting it when I heard a twig snap behind me instinctively my head snapped in that direction there stood 7 does all looking Right at me unsure what to do I very slowly started to turn around arrow knocked release on they stood staring at me 23 yards away and as soon as I started to draw the bow one let out a cough sound and they all bolted back into the trees. I'm glad to finally see some deer that came into bow range they were big healthy does I just goofed up not paying attention to my down wind side. next time i get days off I'll be back up there trying it again.
                        s**t has happens to us all i think i would of screwed up and shot the coon i think i tend to get bored better luck next time kermittxhunter

Comment

Originally posted by mrpage25 View Post
                          SAbowman- So you park close to the walk over area by 12 mile bridge, can you hunt on the south fence area? Any help would be great, don't mind hiking in or out either...On the map is there an area on the north side of 67?
                          Park along SE SIDE OF BRIDGE. That is the really thin piece of unit 4 that gets ya behimd 12 mile ranch. Get back in there around train bridge when theres water holding for hogs and go to east side of traCks for good deer areas in the brush flats along river ravine. To get to parking turn off hwy where ya see 12 Mile Ranch gate and drop down along the roadway and head baCk towards the bridge and park. There is a walk thru spot just after ya drop down or go around end of fence by river bank. Ive seen many good rubs in that area around the tops of those ravines. They are steep and deep. Trails are very obvious where they cross.

Comment

sanangelobowman

Thanks for the great information, will be out there next weekend.

Comment

K good luck.

Comment

Got a question for yall.

I'm looking to go out there and do some calling, and I have a map, but I can't find anybody that knows if there are restrictions on it. I can't imagine that there would be, but you never know right.

I've been here for 4 years and still don't understand TBR. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                                X