X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome axis!
    congrats

Comment

Congrats Bobby! Great Axis Buck! Tuth - time to let the Rage eat! Mitch - I got nothing. Mark - It's time! Good luck to you guys!

Comment

I think trickyolgus or sean might relieve of the burden of staring at that little rascal anymore.

True to my plan, I decided to hunt a treestand that evening. Now, bobby and I had been pouring the corn to the center road out of the Ranger/All Seasons combo feeding machine. Krivoman didn't bring his Ranger back after the first weekend because the animals were spooking. That was soon to change. After a couple of weeks of road chumming, now the whitetails run to greet us and the axis, while not running to the roads, make their appearance after the Ranger passes pretty quickly. We had been seeing a group of axis near a water trough and windmill. We really poured the corn to the area, and it became normal to see them in the area pretty well any time of day. The area is open with no underbrush. Only option was a treestand. We worked during the middle of the day to get one up and that's where my vigil for Friday evening occurred.

Now, whitetails are spooky, but axis make a whitetail look like their on sedatives. I could not move. I stood in that stand for HOURS. It was my normal wait to hunt for years. That's before I became old. Dang, was that a long evening. I had axis around me and things were looking good. This buck was the one that interested me, but I needed to see him better and see how he compared to the long beam deer in the back. I got these pics before he wandered off toward the water trough. Looks pretty good now, but from that tree, it was hard for me to judge them.

May haps this one might have needed more attention. I think he's bigger than he looked from the tree. I think I know where he goes. I think I have trail cam pics of him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00759.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	23844690

Name:	DSC00761.JPG
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	23844691

Name:	DSC00765.JPG
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	23844692

Name:	DSC00766.JPG
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	23844693

Name:	DSC00767.JPG
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	23844694

Name:	DSC00768.JPG
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	23844695

Comment

John! You and Mitch both should be demoted to cameramen only! Jeesh! Get r' done! Good luck guys, although I don't think you need it at this point - unless it's finding your releases.

Comment

Bruce, you told me to hold our. Well, that's what I'm doing. LOL

Comment

Awesome

Comment

My congrats to Bobby on a super Axis! Hope you get to lay a big-un open Doc.
                (I think I'm seeing spots)

Comment

Doc,

That's some serious patience you got going on!

Comment

Tuth, you should have shot that deer from the tree. He is a realy good deer. Long beams and good mass.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                      Tuth, you should have shot that deer from the tree. He is a realy good deer. Long beams and good mass.
                      Ditto!

Comment

Congrats to Bobby and good luck when you finally decide to take one of em down. Can't wait to see the results!

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post

Man, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Comment

Hey Trickolgus,
                            I am Starting to have a hard time remembering where I have seen all them bucks...

Comment

But on a serious note, Bobby killed a very nice deer. Made the perfect shot and showed us all how it is done. I am a little afraid to release an error. he set the bar pretty darn high.. Nicely done bobby, Very nice!

Comment

Tuth, you should have shot that buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X