mathews, hoyt, or pse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
    thats because hoyt hasnt changed much .... we laid the last 6yrs of bows on the counter next to each other and only noticed superficial changes
    Well Hell why change something that is already perfect.

Comment

I shot my z7 extreme before I bought it an it was the nicest bow I have shot thus far. Everyone says it feels heavier than normal but it really isn't for only 3.75 lbs. They just put the weight in the right places. When I draw it, I can hold a sight on anything for extended periods of time, I personally think the Mathews bows are extraordinary and not just a name. They are quiet, smooth and dependable. And plus they have the solo cam so you wont have to deal with the timing and all. But like everyone says it's all your decision

Comment

In my own personal opinion I like bowtech, mathews, pse, then hoyt

And I dont even sell bowtech!!

I sell mathews, pse, and hoyt though

for hoyt to be the slowest it would have to be much quieter and smoother, since I have found it to be neither, mathews and pse go in front for me. I will say that mathews is a heck of a shooter and extremely easy to tune

You should really check out the skulls camo from pse...AWESOME

Comment

I'm a PSE fan myself and I suspect a fellow could do pretty well with any of those 3. But I only know of one person who has changed from Mathews to a different brand. Not saying there aren't a lot more out there, just saying I don't know of them.

Comment

Originally posted by HandiKap Bowhunter View Post
            Well Hell why change something that is already perfect.
            it ain't broke!

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the limb inserts....

Comment

fyi All cams need to be "in time"

whether its a solo cam, binary, cam and a half, or two cam... timing is always an issue

just easier to fix on some

Comment

ya my buddy shoots a mathews and was looking for something different and was trying to persude me to do the same. i have a uncle that shoots a hoyt and always has and says there is nothing better but i have also looked at the pse evo because i already have a pse and like it

Comment

i shoot hoyt and pse they are the best .

Comment

In my own personal opinion I like bowtech, mathews, pse, then hoyt

And I dont even sell bowtech!!

I sell mathews, pse, and hoyt though

for hoyt to be the slowest it would have to be much quieter and smoother, since I have found it to be neither, mathews and pse go in front for me. I will say that mathews is a heck of a shooter and extremely easy to tune

You should really check out the skulls camo from pse...AWESOME
                    ya i saw that really cool

Comment

When I was considering my upgrade from an old PSE NOVA, I shot Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, and the pro line from PSE, the PSE felt the most natural in my hands and more balanced. I opted for the OMEN, but that's me.

Do yourself a favor and make the time to make the trip to a shop where you can shoot the ones you want to consider upgrading to and then go with the one that feels and shoots the best to you.

Comment

like the way the evo looks... any pros or cons about them vs the hoyt

Comment

I've shot competitive along time........ Speed can kill......and I don't need mean deer (accuracy)..........unless you have perfect form. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                            bowtech!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            x12344567891011121314151617181920

Comment

and hoyt its a hoyt, they havent changed much in the past several years. I dont like how they are the ONLY company I know of that uses the ATA rating system instead of IBO.
                              Just in case you don't understand the Archery Trade Association's velocity rating standard so, here's a quick run down.

This industry standard states: "The compound bow's peak draw weight will be set at 70 pounds(+1/4, -0 pounds). The compound is to be drawn and shot at the ATA actual draw length of 30 inches{+1/4, -0 inches). Test arrows must weigh 5 grains per pound of total bow peak draw weight." This test is a consistent and very clear standard.

Hoyts test are performed at 70lbs and 30".

IBO speed ratings allow for speed to be obtained from up to 82 pounds draw weight bow with no defined draw length or clear tolorances, as long as the test is performed with an arrow weighing 5 grains for each pound of draw weight.

Im confused why you don't like this rating system?

Any ways...You pretty much cant go wrong with any bow now days!!! They are all good, just a matter of preference.
                              Last edited by Bone Thug; 11-16-2011, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I shoot a PSE personally and i love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X