smoothest drawing bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoothest drawing bow?

looking for a bow that is smooth all the way to the wall.. am looking for something without that drop into the valley.... heard hoyt was the way to go... shoot a single cam bowtech now...

CRTR, I understand about your concerns about a smooth draw. I've owned 2 bows, a Mathews and now a Diamond Black Ice (Bowtech). Both have been very smooth all the way through the valley. I thought I wanted a Bear Carnage because of more speed. Had Basspro set up one for me Friday so I could shoot it. I wanted this bow so bad, I could taste it. Went upstairs to the range and could hardly pull the dang thing at the exact poundage my Diamond is set at! Man, when you get to the valley on this Bear, you had better eat an extra biscuit in order to break it on over. The bow tech explained that if I had never shot a "speed bow" with the more radical cams, that they take getting used to. Put the buying decision on hold. Whatever you do, shoot it first. Don't take anyones recommendations. Good luck. BTW, that Carnage is FAST!!

Comment

My Mathews Conquest 3 is the smoothest drawing bow I've shot. I quess that's why I own two. It's a good combo of speed and shootabilility plus it's quiet.

Comment

this could all be opinionated..i'll go ahead and throw mine out there. Yes i think hoyts are extremely smooth all the way back..i shoot the matrix, i've shot pretty much every hoyt on their line and all are extremely smooth...especially that element.

but the best thing to do is go to an actual pro shop or a few if they don't deal more than 1-2 brands and just shoot them all to see what fits you best

Comment

I would imagine the eZ7 is pretty smooth, it's got the cam from a Drenalin, Switchback, whatever they started their perimeter weighted cam design with....

Comment

Only you can answer that question. Big difference is between the easy or moderate cams versus the aggressive or hard cams.

Comment

A "speed bow" will draw smoother if you drop draw weight. If you don't want to pull the full draw weight for all but the last inch or so of the cycle, then get a slower bow or drop poundage on the fast cam. Either way, you'll give up speed for smoother draw. My Carnage is plenty smooth to me, but if I had trouble pulling the draw weight I have it on I can see how it wouldn't be.

Comment

I shoot a Hoyt Maxxis 31 and i love how smooth it is but i recently shot the Bear Carnage and was impressed by how smooth it was.

Comment

just trying to get a feel before i go.....not really concerned with the speed. will be dropping down to 50-60lb limbs from 80. hav a 30" dl. and am looking for a short ata...30-32"

Comment

Elites

Comment

New Breed Genetix is one of the smoothest if not the smoothest bow i have ever shot! I would check it out http://www.newbreedarchery.com/produ...ws/genetix.htm

Comment

K&K Vengence was by far the smoothest bow I ever pulled.

Comment

I shot a Hoty V-tec for 5 years and was pretty darn pleased...until I drew back on the PSE EVO. Needless to say, a grand later and my Hoyt is now my backup.
                          Talk about quiet. 68# draw at 28.5" and it's pushing a 405 grain arrow at 305fps...quietly, might I add.

Comment

Gander mountain brand Tec Hunter first bow I have hade and like it

Comment

Mathews Drenalin and DXT draw exactly like your explaining.I've owned both and still have a DXT.I have tried most of the newer bows but wasn't impressed with them!

Comment

Working...
                              X