Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old one but a good one....BUMP

Comment

If There Is No Gravity Where You Are.............

I've been spot-checking this thread from time to time and am overwhelmed with the crap being posted.

I regret doing this and expect that garments will be rendered, there will be much gnashing of teeth and the great unwashed will mass in the streets crying out that the sky is falling. However, if gravity is in effect where you are............you are subject to the physical principals that go with it.

I was sorely tempted by Satan to quote the comments of those that cannot comprehend but I will not stoop to that level to bring about a point of order.

Gravity affects every unsupported object in the universe and pulls it towards the center of the earth.

A bow with a nocked arrow has a sight line to target and an arrow with a longitudinal axis that does not align with the sighting plane axis as the arrow must launch, pass above the sighting plane, fly to target, and impact a point intersecting the sight line and the target point. It will launch, pass through the sight line and descend to impact the target............due to gravity. Thanks, Gravity.

The arrow launch axis and the sighting plane do not coincide but gravity overrides that.

The arrow must be launched on a path above the sight line to impact that target but gravity will bring it back to the target at the coincidental point.

Ain't going to happen shooting uphill or downhill although minor distances and lesser angles won't be apparent when shooting. This is due to gravity no longer pulling the arrow towards earth but slowing or speeding its velocity to or from the earth. It will land high, relatively, as the arrow launch axis and the sight line DO NOT COINCIDE as your bow is sighted to allow gravity to pull the arrow down over a horizontal shot to where the target is. It's not going to pull the arrow down when the arrow is flying in the same direction as the pull of gravity. Get it? It may slow it or speed it up but it's not going to correct the basic dichotomy of launching an arrow on a different axis that than the sighting plane.

Rifles, pistols, bows and catapults will all impact above the point of aim when shot uphill or downhill but minor distances and lesser angles will serve to mask the actual errors.

This is from Plaster, the modern master of sniping.

If you can't get it from here, and if gravity is not in effect where you live; I don't believe there is anything I can to to change your mind.

Whatever you believe is wonderful but, unless it supersedes the physical laws of this planet..................it's yours but just yours.
      Last edited by Bowen Aero; 09-29-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowen Aero View Post
        I've been spot-checking this thread from time to time and am overwhelmed with the crap being posted.

I regret doing this and expect that garments will be rendered, there will be much gnashing of teeth and the great unwashed will mass in the streets crying out that the sky is falling. However, if gravity is in effect where you are............you are subject to the physical principals that go with it.

I was sorely tempted by Satan to quote the comments of those that cannot comprehend but I will not stoop to that level to bring about a point of order.

Gravity affects every unsupported object in the universe and pulls it towards the center of the earth.

A bow with a nocked arrow has a sight line to target and an arrow with a longitudinal axis that does not align with the sighting plane axis as the arrow must launch, pass above the sighting plane, fly to target, and impact a point intersecting the sight line and the target point. It will launch, pass through the sight line and descend to impact the target............due to gravity. Thanks, Gravity.

The arrow launch axis and the sighting plane do not coincide but gravity overrides that.

The arrow must be launched on a path above the sight line to impact that target but gravity will bring it back to the target at the coincidental point.

Ain't going to happen shooting uphill or downhill although minor distances and lesser angles won't be apparent when shooting. This is due to gravity no longer pulling the arrow towards earth but slowing or speeding its velocity to or from the earth. It will land high, relatively, as the arrow launch axis and the sight line DO NOT COINCIDE as your bow is sighted to allow gravity to pull the arrow down over a horizontal shot to where the target is. It's not going to pull the arrow down when the arrow is flying in the same direction as the pull of gravity. Get it? It may slow it or speed it up but it's not going to correct the basic dichotomy of launching an arrow on a different axis that than the sighting plane.

Rifles, pistols, bows and catapults will all impact above the point of aim when shot uphill or downhill but minor distances and lesser angles will serve to mask the actual errors.

This is from Plaster, the modern master of sniping.

If you can't get it from here, and if gravity is not in effect where you live; I don't believe there is anything I can to to change your mind.

Whatever you believe is wonderful but, unless it supersedes the physical laws of this planet..................it's yours but just yours.

Can you translate all that for the scientifically challenged.

Comment

Uphill or downhill, your point of impact will always be high.

Comment

Working...
          X