Feather Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feather Trip

So last season I did not capitalize on a chance at a turkey, hoping this coming trip will change that. For those of you who have been successful, what's your preferred broadhead and set-up. I think I will be trying a jake and hen Decoy, and do my best NOT to over call.

Sounds like a good plan. Any sharp broadhead will work if you stick it in the top of the turkeys drumstick. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by Hunter Todd; 03-15-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I have not been fortunate enough to get a turkey yet.
      Hope you connect!

Comment

Thank you, I will not be making opening weekend, but will be the following.

Comment

I shoot turkeys with Sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
            Sounds like a good plan. Any sharp broadhead will work if you stick it in the top of the turkeys drumstick. Good luck to you!
            This worked for me last year on my first ever turkey hunt. I used my normal deer/hog/rabbit/whatever arrow with a Zwickey 2 blade Delta and put it in the boiler room aimed at top of drumstick like Todd said.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              This worked for me last year on my first ever turkey hunt. I used my normal deer/hog/rabbit/whatever arrow with a Zwickey 2 blade Delta and put it in the boiler room aimed at top of drumstick like Todd said.
              This is where I hit the one that I have been able to kill with a recurve. Darn things are infuriating. Lol

Comment

Good to know about the arrow placement. Taking LOTS of kneeling and sitting shots. Having to figure out my 66" bow at a sit takes a bit more cant then I am used to. LOL

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Thought I should post the update. We just got back. I will give the over simplified short of it all. I finally managed to get a NICE tom in distance and oblivious Saturday evening and in the excitement I lost my focus and spent the next 30 minutes digging my broad head out of a cedar log.... The Zwickey survived and the Tom was Unscathed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                      Thought I should post the update. We just got back. I will give the over simplified short of it all. I finally managed to get a NICE tom in distance and oblivious Saturday evening and in the excitement I lost my focus and spent the next 30 minutes digging my broad head out of a cedar log.... The Zwickey survived and the Tom was Unscathed.
                      Ha! That's a place all the rest of us have been at one time or another. Better luck next time!

Bisch

Comment

Dang I hadn't realized turkey season was upon us. Guess I need to get on it.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Spring season started March 18. Gobblers only or bearded hens, which was seen this weekend, but no one shot at her.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Dang I hadn't realized turkey season was upon us. Guess I need to get on it.

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                            Spring season started March 18. Gobblers only or bearded hens, which was seen this weekend, but no one shot at her.
                            Depends on where you hunt! South Zone opened on March 18th. North Zone opens April 1st.

Bisch

Comment

Well I'll be at Camperee next weekend so the turkeys will be safe at the Flecha Rota for another week.

Comment

Working...
                              X