lets see your headache racks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets see your headache racks..

I am about to start on a new headache rack build for my Nissan Titan. I want to incorporate a 50" light bar that I have, it will face towards the rear and will be located under the rear break light. I need the top bar for racking loads. I will be running 2 each of the weather tech 55" side tool boxes. I will be going a full rail and I want to add supports the will go to the floor at the 4 corners. Hoping that will help prevent the bed sheet metal from cracking. Load securement points through the setup will be added in some form. I have several ideas, the current one, build the majority of the headache rack using 3" x 3/8" flat bar instead tube or pipe, something different for this one. For the bed rails I am going 3x3 angle and debating 3/16" or 1/4". Hoping some of you guys would share pics or ideas used on your head ache racks

In for pictures!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

IMO there will be some of the younger folks on here will not know what a headache rack looks like. Even though I live in a very rural area now, you don’t see them much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        IMO there will be some of the younger folks on here will not know what a headache rack looks like. Even though I live in a very rural area now, you don’t see them much anymore.
        This is true

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
          Also because most people don’t haul stuff in there truck like they were intended for these days. Probably >90% of people don’t take their trucks off concrete even though they have them lifted and with larger tires.

Comment

Nothing special about mine, but I do use it at least once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't find a picture right now, but I made mine from 1.5" and 2" square tubing and 2x3" angle iron. Added tie downs (horseshoes) at the rear of the bed and right behind the toolbox. Bolts to secure it go in from the side leaving the top surface smooth and clean. The white lights are wired to my switches inside so that I can turn them on when not in reverse- working in the dark etc. Also have a spot on it to carry a high lift jack. I can get a pic tomorrow if interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

My work truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by criddle View Post
                  I can't find a picture right now, but I made mine from 1.5" and 2" square tubing and 2x3" angle iron. Added tie downs (horseshoes) at the rear of the bed and right behind the toolbox. Bolts to secure it go in from the side leaving the top surface smooth and clean. The white lights are wired to my switches inside so that I can turn them on when not in reverse- working in the dark etc. Also have a spot on it to carry a high lift jack. I can get a pic tomorrow if interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
                  In for pics

Comment

I made mine with 1, 1 1/4 and 2 inch sq tubing along with 2x3 angle for the bed rails. Have many loops for tie points. The rear rack is bolted and removable. I have hauled tons of steel and lumber on it. Also have a rack than fits on the front bumper where hauling 24ft pieces aren't a problem

Comment

Here’s my headache’s rack......that count?

Click image for larger version

Name:	89B2B1F5-8D56-4BF1-93E2-325645C7D95B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	24551998

Comment

That is my favorite so far... impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                          Here’s my headache’s rack......that count?

[ATTACH]923819[/ATTACH]
                          Those headache racks cost a fortune!

Comment

She's in my avatar

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife never complained of head aches. Just back aches from hers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X